Last Sunday it snowed again in Boise except for this time the snow was the perfect snowman snow. Of course with our sorry attempt last time, Brad took the children out determined not to pass up this opportunity to create the perfect snowman.
Jake turned two! I made him a wonderful cake which I was very proud of until Brad told me it looked like a freckled Dragon. It is NOT a dragon. I won't even bother to tell you what it is as it should be crystal clear to you all. I got the idea from this site www.howdini.com/howdini-video-7073677.html. Check it out and tell me it doesn't almost look identical.I love that Jordan apparantly thought that holding his face would help him blow out the candles.
Finally to the BEST event of this month, maybe this year, maybe ten years. I was working out today when Jacob told me, "Potty Mommy." I've been working on this with him for two months now and so when I heard this, I stopped, took him to the bathroom and sat him on the toilet and sure enough he went poop! Now I say best event of maybe ten years because I figure that I have been changing poopy diapers for ten years now and I am certainly ready to be done with those. Granted, I know he is not potty trained. I haven't even started the pee part yet but this is the first step. Besides, who really minds changing a diaper of pee? I'm so proud of my boy!
Tell Brad it looks like a dinosaur, of course! Way to go on the potty training!
ReplyDeleteThat is such a cool snowman! Happy birthday Jake :) We can't believe how fast you grew up.
ReplyDeleteI think it looks like a mighty dino, too. Happy Birthday Jake! What a big boy you are. Obo and Aba send their love and best wishes in Potty Training 201! and in being a big two years old. By the way, thanks to all of you for the books for Christmas. I really enjoyed both of them, especially The Book Thief. After years of teaching about the Holocaust, it was a pleasurable addition to my library. Love ABA
ReplyDeleteps. Give us a call and let us know about your future plans in NEW YORK! Did your dad hear you right??
That is an awesome snow man. We haven't made one with our kids. They don't care yet.
ReplyDeleteGood job on the potty training.
The cake is awesome (because you are awesome!)
ReplyDeleteI can't believe Jake is 2!!!!
Come back please, I miss you!
I showed Josh the pics of his cousins building a snowman and he was very impressed. That is one gianormous snowman. Your cake turned out great too. I hope I can potty train Josh soon. You need to tell me your methods.
ReplyDelete