Friday, March 5, 2010

Best Buddies

When I first was pregnant with Riley, I was not happy. It was not convenient nor was it planned. Brad and I had just moved, he had started dental school and I had three children under the age of 4, my youngest 9 months. Not to mention I was not looking forward to being pregnant in the never ending 100+ degree summer of Vegas. Five years later I find myself looking out my window at a cherished scene. Ben is waiting for the bus, yellow coat and blue backpack on, and beside him, arm around his shoulders, is his best buddy Riley. It seems like it has been that way from day one. Riley was sent down to be Ben's best friend, and they are. How grateful I am for an all knowing God. If it would have been up to me back then, there would have been no pregnancy yet and therefore no Riley...and I can't imagine Ben without Riley.



8 comments:

  1. That is so cute! I love that picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is so dang cute. It makes me want to cry. I wish I lived closer to you and could see you more often. I love Riley and Ben. It is so awesome that they are best buddies! I hope my children will be best buddies too. It is so true that God always knows what is best for us and our family. Even if we don't realize it for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved to read that!! As crazy as life can be at times, it is so true that many good things can come from the challenges we are given. The Lord knows us and our capabilities as well as the members of our families and what they may need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a heart-warming photo. Reminds me of the days when Brad's favorite person was his baby sister and they would wander, hand in hand, through the neighborhood fields, with Brad protecting his little sis. Aba

    ps. Give Riley and Ben a hug from their ABA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute picture-that one should be blown up and framed. I know I would have quite a few less kids if I only had my planned ones!! We just don't know what life is going to bring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just so sweet. It is funny how life works out. Sometimes not what we planned but it ends up being the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Selfish me still wishes Spokane would have worked out... but I just caught up on your blog and you all look so happy. I'm glad things are working out. I love this picture. My Ammon and Abraham are best buddies, too. Even when they fight, they make up quickly and go right back to playing. We don't have to do a lot of play dates cause they have built in friends right in our family.

    ReplyDelete