I don't know if any of you have noticed, but this summer the rivers have been kind of crazy. Brad had made a plan to go to Idaho with Jordan camping and fishing his guts out this last week. He also planned to drop in and see his parents during this time. As the days got closer and closer to his fishing trip, Brad realized there would be no fishing with the rivers as high as they were and decided to bring the whole family along. We camped our way to Grandma and Grandpa's house in Idaho Falls, stayed for 3 days and then camped our way back. Our first night was terrible. The minute we drove into the campground the sky opened up and it began to rain, not just your every day summer storm rain, I mean downpour rain. There was no setting up tents. So we continued on our way down the road thinking the rain would eventually stop. At 11:00 at night, we decided to pull over and sleep in the car. That was QUITE THE EXPERIENCE. We probably should have just rented a hotel at this point but our options for hotels were not too appealing in the small town of Meeker, Co. and I decided I would rather sleep in my car than in the motels they had to offer.
The rest of our camping days were much better and we were always able to set up camp. At Grandma and Grandpa's house we got to boat on Ririe resevoir and enjoy the company of our cousins. Jordan attempted to water-ski and got up on his first try!!! It was fun to watch him. I don't have any pictures of those days because I am not the best mom and always forget my camera when it is needed. Grandma may send some pictures later though and I may post them. The camp pictures are so many I decided to put them in a smilebox. Enjoy!
Seriously, you are such a good sport. I know I would not be camping that much along the way. Looks like the kids were in heaven though.
ReplyDeletesuch fun pictures
ReplyDeleteLooks like fun. We miss you all. We may try to plan a trip to Colorado in the next year...
ReplyDeleteThis is a test. For the past few months I have been trying to comment, but I always run into trouble. I AM reading and looking at your pictures. It's so fun to see your what you guys are up to.
ReplyDelete