This week's walk down memory lane features: my sister Missy.
(Do you know how hard it is to find pictures of my brothers and sisters alone? All the pictures my mother took were always of the whole family. I guess without digital pictures, you had to make good use of the pictures you did take and get all those kids in there. So, here's my miniscule collection of pictures where my sister Melissa is actually not surrounded by all of us.)
Missy,
You were the first child and perfect in every way. You gracefully went through life always striving to do what was good and kind.
You never were one to complain. You know Anjee and I would have filled up Mom's ears with complaints had she made our homecoming dresses. (Oh wait, I was never asked to homecoming.)
And even though you made me wear a puffy sleeved, puffy skirt, brightly flowered bridesmaid dress at your wedding (that's what I remember when I see pictures of your wedding),
I am grateful for the impact and influence you had on my life. Thank you for your wonderful example.
You are not only my sister, but one of my closest friends.
Happy Birthday Missy! I hope it's a great one.
P.S. You're still as beautiful today (inside and out) as you were back then!




That teal Homecoming dress is rocking! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Chels! I love you:) As for the flowery, puffy sleeved dresses, I am truly sorry. Every time I look at the pictures I wonder what in the world I was thinking:) Puffy sleeves were in style though, hopefully they never will be again:$
ReplyDeleteAwww...So true. Love you Chels and Mis. Miss you both. I want a copy of the last recent picture you have of Missy. She looks more beautiful and becomes more graceful with age. And I am not just saying that because she is my sister. Love reading your posts Chels. You rock my blog world.
ReplyDeleteHow did I miss this post? I love it! I am so blessed to have married in to such a great family. I just love you all!
ReplyDelete