Mckenzie was assigned a talk last Sunday. She briefly told me she was "forced" to give the talk. I said to her that I didn't believe her because she always had the right to say no and didn't think much more of it until Sunday morning when we were putting the talk together. During the whole process she was belligerent and told me that she wasn't going to give the talk. Despite the opposition she was putting forth to writing it, we got through the whole process and had a fairly decent talk to give. I handed it to her, said she could make any changes to it she wanted and that I expected her to give the talk.
10 minutes later she handed me the talk back with the original crossed out and this written below:
Hi, I'm McKenzie Belt and I'm going to give a talk on reverence. (By the way, this talk was forced on me(I never wanted it)). Reverence is about singing very loudly and never ever shutting-up. I hope you like my talk.
So I told her she could go ahead and give this if she wanted, but she was still doing the talk.
A few more minutes passed and she gave me this:
Mom,
You said you didn't believe that this talk was forced on me. Let me write the story for you. So, Sister Cypert asked me if I wanted the talk. I said NO! So did Colby, Josh, Noah, Danielle and Daniel. Sister Cypert thought of a number between 1 and 20 and then she had us think of a number. My number was closest to her number so she gave me the talk. THE END.
So I again told her she could give the talk or not, but her name was going to be announced for the talk because she was assigned to give it.
In the end, she got up and gave the talk she and I had put together and all is well that ends well. But Oh! The whole drama. I knew this was one that would have to be written down for the future when her children do something similar...'cause they will.
Oh, girls. They are quite a different breed. I am not looking forward to the teenage years.
ReplyDelete