My kids got their report cards this week. The grades were pretty good and all problems seem to be mended with Ben and his teacher. Jordan almost had straight A's. He got a B in PE. The comment section said (and I am quoting here), "Jordan has great physical skills, he needs to work on freezing on the whistle." Wow! That's a tough PE teacher that gives a B for not always freezing on the whistle. I thought that was funny. I hope he never gets such a hard nose PE teacher in high school when the grades count. I would hate to have PE be his only B.
I'm a terrible mother. I missed Ben's school play this week. I had everything together and was ready to leave out the door when I remembered that I had forgotten the camera. 10 minutes later and camera in hand I again was ready to leave and was getting in the car when my monster puppy came from out of nowhere and knocked down Jake who was wearing his favorite cowboy hat. Red then stole the cowboy hat and what ensued was a crying Jake and a 15 minute chasing the puppy session for me. In the end, it was Riley that got the hat back (holes and all). For the 3rd time we proceeded to load into the car and by the time we arrived were 30 minutes late. Unfortunately, this was not one of your longer school programs and we were only in time to give Ben a hug and tell him we had missed it all. I could have killed Red. In fact, Jake requested that we execute him because he did steal his hat. But...then there are moments when I look out my kitchen window and see this:
and all my anger melts away. Red's worth all the hassle of having a dog if he makes my boy this happy. So, although he jumps with his muddy paws on all of us and steals cowboy hats making us late for Ben's theatrical performances and sometimes poops in Brad's garage (which makes Brad SO ANGRY), I guess he's here to stay. No canine executions necessary.

No comments:
Post a Comment