- How is it, after so many years, my children have not figured out that when I ask politely for them to pitch in and work, I am not asking them? I am telling them. Just the other night I asked Jake if he would like to help with the dishes. After careful consideration he responded, "No, I need to finish this game first." He was then informed that the game would wait.
- Why would there be an empty box of life cereal in my children's bathroom trash...when I KNOW they would never break my rules by eating out of the kitchen?
- After several conversations with Jake along these lines:
Jake, smiling: "Oh, some invisible idiot must have done that."
Who are these invisible people, why don't they help me and why must the word idiot be used so frequently in my home?
- Why does my kitchen counter (that everyone sees when they enter our front door) function as my husband's work desk?
- What is so difficult about making a bed that most of the beds in my home go unmade and those that are not unmade never seem to be slept IN just slept ON?
- Why can't the shoes be put away neatly and the socks brought to the laundry?
- How is it any easier for my husband to put his clothes on the floor inches from the laundry basket rather just IN the laundry basket?
Why do all the corks have to be dumped out onto the floor when playing cork gun wars and why must they remain there for days after?
- What is so fascinating about any decoration of mine (or kitchen appliance for that matter) that my children insist on playing with them instead of their own toys?
- How can my children get any sleep with so many toys and books in and around their beds?
The list could go on and on....
On a separate note I awoke to this scene just outside my front door this morning.
These bucks have been visiting almost daily lately but I have never seen so many (there were 9 today) and never have I seen two fighting with their horns locked. I had to take the picture through the window because I knew that as soon as I exited through the front door they would immediately stop. Of course, watching them, I couldn't resist trying to capture them better and did go out the front door at which point they all decided to leave.
This one, the leader I assume, paused for a moment to let me know I didn't frighten him.
Look at those horns!













No comments:
Post a Comment