Sunday, April 7, 2013

Quick and Dirty

That's how all my posts are going to have to be from now on.  The other day my kids were complaining that I don't write anymore and they are correct, I don't.  Life has been so busy for me since I started working in the office that I feel like I just barely am keeping my head above water...and because of that we all are.  The house is in utter chaos until the weekend where, after grocery shopping, I can do a deep clean and put everything back where it should be.  While the kids are doing great trying to keep it organized and clean while I am gone, things inadvertently end up in the wrong spot and more often than not on a Saturday I find said missing item stuffed under a bed or buried in a mess in a closet.

A note written from Jordan the other day when Brad and I had returned home past 9pm after working that demonstrates just how chaotic our life has become:

Dear Mom and Dad,

It is 9PM and I am so tired that I am going to go to bed.  For dinner tonight I made us chili dogs and creamed corn.  We ate all the chili and creamed corn.  There are some cut-up hot dogs left for you and dad on the stove. 

Jordan

P.S.  Night Mom and Dad.  Love U.

We found 3/4 of a hot dog on the stove in a burned pan. 

Brad and I run a 12-7 pm shift two days a week at the office.  These are the hard days.  I get up at 6:30 to get the kids off to school and leave at 11am for the office.  The earliest we get home on these nights is 8:00.  As time passes though, wrapping up the day is getting easier and easier and we are acutally returning before our children retire for the night. 

We almost have six months of business ownership behind us now and I anticipate things becoming easier with the passage of time.

The snow has melted and the animals are coming out.  The other day the kids caught a small lizard that they were so proud of they wanted me to post it on the blog.  Here it is:


They are becoming pretty mature about things now and instead of keeping it until it died in this home they made for it:


they let the lizard return to its natural habitat.

Eaves dropped quote of the month:  Overheard by Brad.  Spoken by Ben to Riley after during an intense discussion of what would happen if one's head were cut off.

"NO!!!  Your brain won't be dead, but your body will!  If someone pulled out your brain while you were running your body would freeze right where it is because your brain tells your body what to do through cords that run down your back so without your brain everything just stops where it is, frozen."

Deep and fairly accurate for a 9 year old.  Lest you think we are into gross scenarios like what would happen if your head was cut off, Kenzie has been studying the body in science lately.  Naturally with the study of the body come stories, sometimes unbelievable.  One of those was the story of Mike the headless chicken. 

MikeTheHeadlessChicken.jpg

You can read all about him here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_the_Headless_Chicken. Anyway, for quite some time whether one could really live with their head cut off or not and whether the chicken story was true or not was the hot topic of our household (we didn't find the information on wikipedia until Grandma looked it up this last week when she came to visit us). 

Just a quick FYI:  I will be better about writing.  Even if it's just a sentence or two.



No comments:

Post a Comment