Well, this was the year Brad decided to start Jake...and along with Jake, me. Jake's and my experience was pretty much the same.
At first we felt like we had everything under control.
But soon we realized that was because we were on flat ground :)
Once we got to the bunny hill, the falls seems to come with every slope we skied. (I'm glad Brad had enough sense not to take a picture of me in this position which I found myself in more than I wanted to be.)
And at times, when Dad accidentally got us (all right, just Jake) onto a black diamond...
there were even some tears.
By the end of the 2nd day we felt like pros.
And even had the privilege of skiing some greens with Kenzie and the boys.
And though we fell A LOT, and were pretty sore the next few days (maybe it was just me that was sore) we liked it. So much so that maybe skiing at Christmas will become a family tradition.
Yes, yes I know the mohawk hat looks ridiculous on an almost 39 year old, Jordan already had the couth of a normal teenager and informed me of that (it's his hat). Brad insisted I wear it this one time so he could keep track of me and it definitely did it's job.
I grew up in Utah and have never skied, although if I tried now I'm pretty sure I would kill myself and be more than just sore. You'll be a pro I'm sure though!!
ReplyDeleteLove Skiing and you Rock that hat! What Jordan???? Your mom always look cool!
ReplyDelete