I finally figured out how to work with my blog. You see, ever since it's been down Brad's been complaining about all the wonderful pictures he's been taking that I haven't posted a blog on. So I've been thinking and thinking and thinking about how I could keep up with my blog. So, I've decided I have to upload the photos at work and then write up the post when I have some free time at home. So far, it's working. And it's Christmas...three months from when we moved in. I figured I'd start at the present and work my way back.
I was able to decorate my tree this week. My house was in chaos for two days as I began on Thursday when Brad and I had work off and finished up 11:00 pm last night. I don't know how you guys are but I used to picture my tree all perfect and beautiful with no eclectic ornaments at all. I had decided long before my children had started attending school that those homemade ornaments would never be hung but stashed away somewhere as a keepsake. Well, as my children did start making their ornaments and asking if they could put them on the tree, I broke and on went the homemade ornaments. And though my tree is certainly eclectic if you take a close look, I think it still turns out looking beautiful every year.
For Thanksgiving we went to Phoenix for a family reunion. It was great seeing ALMOST my whole family together. While in Phoenix, Brad and I, being that we live in a smaller town, needed to stop at some stores and purchase some much needed items. One of those stores was Kohls. I know you won't be able to believe this, but there isn't a Kohls closer than 5 hours from where I live. While at Kohls, I had Jacob, who seems to constantly be growing and putting wholes in pants, try on some athletic pants that were a reasonable price. They fit. I still had some pants for Riley to try on, so I told Jake to take the pants and put them outside in the cart where Jordan was waiting for us. Upon exiting the dressing room with Riley, Jake was not by Jordan and his pants were not in the cart. After searching frantically all over the store and having forefront in my mind the possibility of a kidnapping of my youngest son (after all we were in Phoenix) I had decided that the next step for me would be to alert the management of Kohls and call the police. As I was about to head to the customer service Jake walks up.
"Where have you been?" I asked probably more than a little upset. "It is not okay for you to be alone in the store."
At this point Jake starts to cry and big crocodile tears are running down his face. "I did what you told me to do mom. I put the pants in the car."
"Outside?" I asked confused.
"Yes, you told me to put the pants in the car but the car was locked and I couldn't get in and so I put the pants under the wheel."
"I said the cart Jake, the cart. "
Relieved that he was in my presence I hugged him and imagined what a scary task it must have been for him to have walked out to the car all by himself in an unknown place. As I sent Jordan to fetch the pants so we could pay for them I wondered how a five year old could wander by all the checkouts with 4 pairs of pants that he hadn't paid for. Maybe I'm on to something here.
One last Jake story, the other day we made brownies. Caramel brownies. They were yummy and I was able to send them with my children in their lunches. When Jake came home that afternoon there were a few left and I asked him if he wanted to take one in his lunch the next day. He told me, no and explained that because his friend told him his brownie looked like poop he wouldn't bring them to school to eat anymore but he'd be glad to eat one now. So that leaves me wondering, do you think Jake will be susceptible to peer pressure or is it just me?
Love your Blog and Pics. I think you forgot to mention how great it was to see me and my family and how awesome we are and how nice the weather was and how much Ben loved getting Cheetos thrown at his head. So some may think I was a little overzealous with the family Olympics…But I know deep down you all LOVED it. And the talent show.. Suzy Snoflake? What, what? Ya. Rick's family thought they were cool but who can look at Kelsee singing that and Not love it. Oh Yeah and the swimming, and the Being with my sister part. But I am not at all offended that all you mentioned about seeing your family was shopping. Cuz deep down I know that shopping was not your highlight of coming to Phoenix. Oh no..It was well…seeing me and the rest of the family too. ha ha. Love ya
ReplyDelete