Sunday, January 25, 2015

Scattered It Must Be

Imagine I just said the title of this post in a yoga voice.  That's how I imagine it said in my mind and it will put me at ease if you think of it that way also.  I have 27 minutes before I get ready for church and that never seems like quite enough time to organize my thoughts so today they will be random.

1.  The videos I put up of Jordan a few weeks agodon't make the match look like it was nearly as intense as it was.  They (the wrestlers) both look slow and tired in the videos, which to give them credit it was their 4th match of the day and they probably were, but trust me, in real life it's much more intense.  There are moments when my son isn't even wrestling that I have to look away because it looks so painful.  You all should go to a wrestling match one day.  And, I do have to say, that wrestling gets jipped when it comes to spectators and well, whatever.  They have pre-recorded songs sung for the national anthem, really?  They can't find one high schooler to sing it live?  And what about a dance from the dance team or cheerleaders, have I even seen them once, no?  On senior night of the wrestlers I bet the parking lot wasn't even 1/4 full but on senior night of the basketball game...  I know, my family here is all amazed that I'd even have the gall to say this because basketball is so revered traditionally in our family...but those wrestlers, they work hard and deserve some support.  Oh, and Jordan won his fist varsity match...because there wasn't a wrestler his weight on the other team.  It's always such a bummer when you don't get to wrestle!

2.   T25 is going great and well, I never thought I could get such a workout in 25 minutes.  I'd recommend it to any mother with only 25 minutes a day to work out.

3.  I got a flip phone for my kids.  Too many nights of going to pick up Jordan for Young mens and he's gotten a ride with someone else to the church.  They are supposed to share it.  Whoever needs it most gets it.  We'll see how it goes.  With the flip phone to our kids comes an upgrade for Brad.  He has a smart phone and is as scared as can be to use it!  Hah!

4.  I love teaching the song, "I know that my savior loves me" in primary.  It has such a beautiful testimony given in it.  I remember the first time I learned it in primary.  I was teaching Jordan's class and we were learning the song.  When we got to the chorus I heard this bright, clear voice above all the others and as I sought out the voice I found it was my own daughter's and the look on her face as she sang told me that she did have a testimony of the savior.  That's how my testimony started, through primary songs.  And while I may not love singing in front of the children as primary chorister, I do have a special place in my heart for all the primary music.

5.  I'm going to throw Jacob and Riley friend birthday parties this year.  I guess I've never thrown either of them one.  I kind of got burned out.  Just wanted to let you all know that I'm not perfect. 

6.  I had my first teenage overwhelmed breakdown and am looking forward to many more.  Wrestling keeps Jordan so busy and with finals and projects as the semester ended I found him broken down one night unable to know where to start even.  I stayed up until midnight getting him through all his work.  And though I only got 5 hours of sleep before I awoke for my workout in the morning, the time spent helping him one on one make it a night I'll always treasure.

These came from a blog that I love to read, "Pretty much anything you read, or do, isn't going to make more difference in how your kids "turn out", than you having an optimistic, joyous outlook on life and spreading that joy and optimism to them.  Also-showing love in many ways every day.  Making sure you spend time with them and use mostly positive words-making them feel loved." "FAMILY-it's all about what you do here in this house.  That will be the difference in the world-"Let everyone sweep in front of his own door, and the whole world will be clean" (Goethe).  There are service lessons, all kinds of lessons, right here.  No amount of work anywhere else is going to make the difference as what happens in your own home."

7.  Kenzie made me my birthday cake this year.  She is so thoughtful and sweet and always trying to think of ways to give good gifts.  I loved the cake, even the first failed attempt when it stuck to the pan :)

 8.  We had a huge snowfall here a week ago...

Another day at the Gym for Brad.  A little white trashy to have outside in our front yard?  Maybe.  He says it's better than a Trans Am on cinder blocks.  He would like both.


Ya, he works out shirtless in the snow.  He says because he is so tough he doesn't even notice a difference.  Then he babbles on about Jedi/Ninja powers . . .


9.  I love how much my kids and husband help on the days I work.  Working together is something that unites us.  Just recently Jake has really started to pitch in...folding laundry, wiping counters, vacuuming.  He is always so focused.  Here I caught him on camera grating the cheese for me when I made cheeseburger soup (a food that sounds gross but is actually really yummy).

He kept stopping and asking me, "Mom is that enough?"   Grating cheese is so hard, is it not? Truly, it is one of my least favorite things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment