I'm the one that has fallen in the following picture. Kenzie's still up. She and Jake made it down without a hitch.
Of course, not one to be defeated I had to do it a couple of more times. I didn't make it down even once without falling...since ski season is probably over, I guess I will have to wait until next year :(
Still, I figure I'm doing pretty good for a lady who just started skiing at 39.
Skiing all day really wears us all out. I caught a great picture of Kenzie, Jake and Jordan on the way home.
Got to love the sun glasses on Jake and how both Kenzie and Jordan are leaning on him and he doesn't even seem to mind. Remember, Jake's my child that can fall asleep anywhere and in any position.
I've been meaning to take a picture of the following and post it on my blog for some time. It's just kind of a funny, ha, ha sort of thing you see here in Durango. It's a parking sign from our public library.
Maybe you guys have signs like this and it doesn't strike your funny bone like it does mine. But quite frankly, I think this sign is funny. I drive a suburban. I often wonder if I should park there when all my children are in the car? Quite frankly, a suburban full of children is much more fuel efficient than driving two separate vehicles, don't you agree? And why would a fuel efficient car merit a special parking space?
I haven't parked in those spaces yet. Do you think they'd be mad to come out and find a suburban parked there?
I'm going to wax sentimental here for a moment. Earlier this week, I believe it was Thursday, I came down to find Jake asleep on our couch. I carefully stood him up and led him by the hand up the stairs into his bedroom. As I was walking up the stairs, Jake's little hand in mine, it suddenly hit me that the moments of him holding my hand and letting me lead him will soon be gone...and it made me sad. The time that the lives of my children coincide with my own life is so brief. I wish I could hold onto these moments forever, and yet I know this is impossible. Eventually, you must set them free to experience life.
One of my favorite songs currently is "I bet my life" by imagine dragons. I know the song's intent is to relate a boy's feelings for his parents and to celebrate the strong ties that remain between a child and their parent despite the places life takes one. And for me, it certainly does remind me of my parents, but I also think it could be the parent's singing back to the child as well. There is part of them in everything I do and I do bet my life on them as much as they bet their lives on me.
I love each of my children. They constantly amaze me. It's such a beautiful opportunity to be a parent watching your children, grow, change and become. It's an experience that I wouldn't trade for the world. I'm grateful for the privilege I've been given to hold each of their hands, even if it is only for such a short time. I'll take that hand for as long as it reaches out to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment