Sunday, December 18, 2016

Two weeks later...

I am really trying hard not to skip weeks.  I have printed every year of my blog off and the blogs I like best are the ones where I write every Sunday, regardless of whether I have much to say or not.

I signed Jordan up to take an ACT test in the spring.  That was a huge pain!  I didn't know they had so many questions to ask.  Then I wondered why they were asking so many questions.  Then I thought, wow, I have to help all of my kids do this every other year.  Not looking forward to that.

I also signed Kenzie up to take the online driver's ed.  Here in Colorado you have to take that before you can get your driving permit.  You also have to have your driver's permit for a full year before you can get your license.  So, you have to start taking driver's ed when you turn 14.5 years of age.  I would have written that out like this 1/2 but I couldn't get it to look right.

The kittens are getting more comfortable around us.  They still scatter whenever I try and snap a picture of them, but they will sit still for most of the kids.  Especially Riley.




We are still hoping both kittens will survive.  Sometime last week we noticed one was missing a leg.  So we named them at that time:  tri-pod and cuatro.

Since Brad is out for the ski season this year he is taking on some of the home remodeling projects.  His most recent is tiling the bathroom floor.  Yes, we have carpet in every single bathroom and yes, we know it is gross.  Anyway, one bathroom down after these last two weekends.



Jordan had a couple of tournaments these last two weekends.  He did okay both weekends but would have liked to do better.  Unlike the last one, they were both double elimination tournaments.  Jordan seems to do better when they are not double elimination, but most tournaments are double elimination so you got to get used to that.  This last weekend he wrestled at 145 and really should have been wrestling 138, that's where his weight is at.  He can beat the kid on our team who is wrestling at 138 but he is his friend and didn't want him to lose his spot.  His first match was against a kid who is ranked 2nd in the nation.  Oh, and it didn't help that he was sick with some sort of stomach bug that morning.  That's one tough way to start a double elimination tournament.  Lost his first against that kid, won his second and lost his third.  His win/loss for the year is now 7-7.

Christmas break begins tomorrow for the kids!  Woot!  Really, who doesn't love Christmas break.  Brad and I will join them after Tuesday.  So excited to have some down time with the kids.  No wrestling tournaments, no plays, no music lessons, just family time.

No comments:

Post a Comment