I am just on the brink of losing these kids. They will all leave me. And, for them to be a success, this is what I want, but it is hard to face that reality. Jordan will be the first to go at the end of next summer and every other year after that, they will leave one by one until it is just Brad and I alone again. It makes me teary eyed just to think of it. While the world tells you there is so much more that you can do with your life than just be a mother, I do not regret in any way having these five beautiful children and the "sacrifices" I made to be a mother. They are amazing, so much better than me. There is no way to express the way they have enriched my life in every aspect. I thank Heavenly Father every day for the chance he has given me to raise them. Motherhood is a sacred privilege. Enjoy every messy, crazy, lovely, joyful second of it and don't let anyone tell you it's not worth your time, because it is, even the heartaches and frustrations.
So, quick post with the pictures of the kids I love so much.
While McKenzie and I were in Salt Lake over Labor Day Weekend, Brad and the boys went hiking in our local, lovely mountains.
Funny story for the next series of pictures. I guess on the hike they found tons of small geodes which Jake collected. He looked all around for geodes and late in the hike they came across a very large rock that Jake swore was a geode and wanted to bring home. Brad told him he could bring it home if he could pick the rock up. He tried and tried and tried to move the rock to no avail.
The road they traveled to get to the hike was pretty sketchy. Brad always likes to take me out and get me in situations in the wilderness on crazy, scary roads that I don't feel comfortable with. Many times I beg him to get out of the car and walk to which he replies logically, "Chelsey it will take you too long to walk this." Thus I remain in in the car terrified, praying that we make it down the mountain safely. They said this was one of those times when I would definitely be begging Brad to walk. They took some pictures just to show me what they road was like.
Yes, that is not a road I would like. Won't be driving that with Brad EVER.
Last Monday the kids had school off so Brad and I closed the office to enjoy one last day at our local lake. The kids are all getting pretty good at their skiing.
Love this picture of Jordan squeezing between where Brad and I were resting.
And so glad we didn't hit this island of rocks in the middle of the lake like our friend did that day. We made a rock karn so all could see it better.
Kenzie has been working hard rehearsing for the musical and balancing school work. On an especially stressful afternoon it helped to come home and play with Blue or Baloo, whichever you decide to call him.
Blue's name has been quite the struggle for us. Brad wanted Harley but none of the other kids did because all the dogs we've named Harley have not made it with us. We thought maybe Fly or Rex like the dogs on babe but Rex is too common and Fly was a female dog and Blue is male. Socks was discussed but discarded because it is a cat's name and we settled on Blue because we thought his eyes would be blue...but they aren't. So now, at times, we are calling him Baloo, like the bear from jungle book. I'll probably just stick with Blue. Works for me even if his eyes aren't blue.
Brad always points out to me that the dirtbikes are more than just toys for the kids, they are teaching tools also because he makes them each maintain their own dirtbikes. Here's a snapshot I caught of Jake working on his with Brad this past week to prove it's not just about the bike.
Brad and the three older boys rode this past weekend. Jake would have ridden too but his hand is broken(he broke it wrestling with a highschooler) so he, Mckenzie and I went on a local hike after she was done with set day. I love the area we live in.
No comments:
Post a Comment