This Mother's day was much better. I woke up, got ready for church and Ben came in with a table wanting to serve me breakfast in bed. Kenzie brought in a bowl of flowers that the kids had picked, some milk and some soggy toast (I think they microwaved it AFTER they toasted it, don't ask me why.) It didn't taste all that great but I managed to eat it all and smile as they eagerly watched and waited.
I went to church, listened to my children sing "Mother I love you", got some chocolates, a brownie, letters and a small rose bush.
I came home and opened the presents the kids had made at school. From Ben I got a tulip magnet. I had to ask him what it was (it's already broken or I'd have a picture of it on here). Kenzie gave me a book about why she loves me and a small budding flower. Jordan made me a pin cushion.
I took a nap, read my scriptures, and stayed in my room for over 2 hours doing what I wanted. Meanwhile, Brad cooked some great burgers and fries. Burgers may not sound all that appetizing but Brad's burgers are amazing.
After dinner I laid in our wooden swing with the sun shining on me while the Kids and BRAD (this is a big thing because Brad NEVER does this when he cooks) cleaned the kitchen. I enjoyed the sun and watching my children race back and forth in our back yard for about an hour.
Finally, to end the day we took a walk on the river. We live right by the Boise River and it is just beautiful now. Everything is blooming and it smells divine.
What a great Mother's day. Hope you all had a good one too.
P.S. Did all of you Mom's become a fan of Disney on facebook? If you do they are giving away 50 free songs this summer, one every day this May and June. I thought it would be fun to have this collection for my kids so I became a fan and am up to five songs now.
Happy Mother's Day! I am glad that you had such a great day. You deserve it. I had a good one too!
ReplyDeleteAren't the cards from the kids the best? My kids are always so funny. I am glad you didn't have to clean your own kitchen. I think that is one of the best gifts ever.
ReplyDeleteYou Mothers' Day sounds blissful. You deserved every blessed moment of it!
ReplyDeleteLove that they microwaved toast. It just seems right that even our mother's day gifts must be swallowed with a degree of earnest love for our children and their mishap pen offerings. I guess though, I wouldn't have it any other way!! Happy Mother's Day to you.
ReplyDelete