Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Just complaining

Yes, I'm going to take a small moment to do just that, which I hardly ever do. Anyone who knows me knows I work out like a maniac 5 days a week at least, sometimes six. Just to give you an idea my exercise schedule for this week is to run 6+ miles M, W, and F, play basketball M, W, F (I know this is just for fun but it does get quite a bit of sprinting in and it is for a full hour), and weight train (P90x) T and Th. Despite my efforts at keeping off and maintaining weight, I've been gaining. Ughh!!! Really, I don't know if I can eat any less or exercise any more. So I'm complaining instead. Elizabeth, do I really have to be hungry all the time to stay skinny? And Nisa, I'm extremely jealous of your numbers, no more posting weights:). Any ideas from all you beautiful women out there?

5 comments:

  1. All I can say is that you make me tired!! I really admire that you can fit all that in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IDEAS!? You're asking the WRONG GIRL! In truth I'm ticked off too. I finally got my runs up to three miles a day and my back goes out. Every freaking day of physical therapy I cry because I can't exercise anymore and evidently walking torques my spine in ridiculous ways. I wonder if this is going to be my life forever and then I cry. And then I lose five pounds of muscle because I cannot exercise, or even pick up my toddler and I cry. And then . . . like a week later I decide to find the joy in it and post anyway. I know the numbers are crap, but right now that is what I've got to hold onto. For you, there are different triumphs, hold onto them. Because in the end I guess we have to love ourselves in any package we have, broken and crumpled or rock hard strong (like you). And ALL of us have parts and pieces of the whole that we'd trade like robot parts - if we could. :)
    Also, I have a picture of you above my computer, with your family and all I see is sizzling HOT HOT HOT! Last time I touched the frame it burned me so it stays there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Mr. Tony Horton is quite good at actually helping you gain weight. Have you taken measurements instead of going by size? One of the girlfriends I do P90X with actually put on five pounds, but it's pure muscle. Watch your other measurements... scales aren't always our friend. Besides, you've been thin and fit as long as I've known you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. It isn't fair. If you want to be thin you have to be hungry all the time. Or at least most of the time. With all of the exercise you do, you should be able to cheat some. How much? That depends on how thin you want to be.

    I think it's interesting though that most of the things that are wrong we don't get to cheat on at all, ever. I mean, we don't get to have a little bit of extra marital sex, every once in a while, just as a little indulgence. It's not okay to get drunk 'cause it's your birthday or hit your kid 'cause you had a really bad day. So sometimes I wonder why we think it's okay to eat crappy food that we know is bad for us and harms our bodies? We do it. I know I do it. But sometimes I think I should stop. Not just cut back, but really stop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. From your beautiful sister who is HEALTH teacher! (But no one in our overly weight conscious family listens to) Stop overexercising and undereating! Your metabolism can be permanently ruined if you don't stop. You are skinny, beautiful and yes I'll say it just like Dad and Melissa all too consumed with weight. Remember all things in moderation.

    ReplyDelete