Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sunday Reflections 12/18/2011

I can't believe Christmas is a week away.  I just started my candies last night.  I battled the altitude and after 4 failed caramel attempts(I've never had my caramel fail me) I ceded the battle to the altitude.  I'm just not sure if there will be goody plates from the Belts this year.  Well, maybe a few of the easy candies and cookies, but let's face it, only the hard to make candy tastes really good.

Speaking of cooking, Jordan is really into making fried eggs.  Yesterday he made the whole family breakfast...fried eggs and chocolate milk.  I know, it's a really healthy meal.  What can I say?   .  He was so proud of his efforts, that even I swallowed one down (minus the yolk) just for him and I don't really like fried eggs.  Now he says he just needs to master pancakes and his cooking repretoire will be complete.  If only I could have two things I cooked well and then my cooking repretoire would be complete:)

Jake is so friendly.  When we go out together to the store he is always making new friends, adults and children alike.  He talks to them about everything.  He tells them how he wants to buy something, but his mom won't let him and how he opened all of Grandma's Christmas presents that she sent to the whole family and how now Santa might not visit him now.  He shares with him the story behind his sunglasses that have one fake lens made out of moving tape and one real lens in them.  He tells them how he's not in school yet but all his brothers and sister are and how he doesn't wrestle like his brothers because Mom didn't buy him wrestling shoes.  He tells them all about our dog Red and how he's a puppy and so he eats his mittens and jumps up on everyone.  If you want to know anything about our family, just make friends with Jake.  He's glad to share.  When I listen to him, it makes me a little sad to think that he's my youngest and there are no 3 year olds behind him.

1 comment:

  1. I love fried eggs. Does Jordan want to come to my house and make me some. I will go without the chocolate milk though.

    ReplyDelete