How do people with more children do it? I honestly wonder. I just finished reading the book The Midwife which briefly details a mother's 24th and 25th child. TWENTY-FIVE, wow! Makes me think I should be able to handle the five I have with no effort at all.
My kids are out of school for the summer. Where did that year go? Jordan had continuation on Friday. Maybe I'm supposed to capitalize continuation. I'll start over. Jordan had Continuation on Friday. Am I the only parent that thinks it's absolutely ridiculous to celebrate the advancement of a child from elementary to Middle School? I mean, what am I supposed to be celebrating and saying to him? "Yeah!!!!You're going back to school next year!!!! You'll be with the same friends again next year!!!! I'm so proud you made it through 6th grade!!!!!" (Imagine that those exclamations are applause) Really, I'm all for kindergarten graduation because it's kind of cute with the songs and how excited they are to be a full-time student the coming year. And of course, High School graduation makes sense with everyone going their separate ways and the achievement of completing your schooling. I have to say though that I think they may be going a little overboard to have continuation...and for that matter middle school graduation. For Jordan, they even took pictures of them in cap and gown...really, a cap and gown.
With the closing of the school year art projects and writing journals came home. I loved this picture that Ben drew of he and Riley.
I also like this flower of Kenzie's and thought it would look cute framed in her room.
Of course, since I showed you Riley's candy dish last week, you must have a glimpse of the lovely dish Ben brought home this week.
I think I'll put them side by side...and then get rid of them in a move. Not really. I have trouble throwing things away that my children make me...I'm sentimental like that . Can't get rid of anything made specifically with me in mind and I MUST keep every year's writing journal. One day I hope to have a drawer full of lovely candy dishes and another of their writing journals from every year. Then when Kenzie thinks Jordan is the meanest brother alive I can pull out his journal from third grade and read her this:
"I worry about my sister when she isn't dressed warm enough because she might get frost bite and I don't want her to get frost bite cause she is my sister."
or when Ben insists that he doesn't know how to make his own breakfast I can pull out this from his 2nd grade journal:
"This is how you prepare a simple breakfast. First, you get a bowl and a spoon. Next, get the Mini Wheats out of the pantry. Then you take the milk from the fridge. After, you pour the cereal and the milk into the bowl. Now you are ready to eat."
or when one day Riley gets mad at Dad I can show him these from his kindergarten journal.
"My Dadi Cars fr me becus he luvs me."
"My Dad is cind. He is fun. He is silee. My Dad ha(s) short brown her."
Those writing journals are full of treasures.





True, 5 kids should just be breeze, right?! I love the writing journals too!
ReplyDelete