Since I don't have any pictures, here's ten random things that went on in our household this last week.
1. We had our kids watch Men in Black this last weekend. I forgot about the part where the alien sucks out the farmer's guts. Yuck! I don't know if I would have let them watch it had I remembered, especially Jacob. He is watching movies I would have NEVER let Jordan and Kenzie watch at that age.
2. Brad made a peach pie. I never make peach pies 'cause I think that no matter how well you cook them, they're slimy. While I like peaches, peaches aren't made for pies. Am I the only one that feels this way? I know in my household I am.
3. I talked Brad out of buying these chairs at Kohls.
He went in with me briefly to return something there and sat on one, then made me sit on one. They were comfy and reasonably priced for a chair but as we are moving, I mean eventually moving, I mean one day moving, I think, it's just not rational to buy anything else that we have to pack up. I asked him if he really did want me to buy them yesterday when I had an additional 30% off. He said no, he's an impulse buyer. It's a good thing he has me to guide him.
4. We caught no mice in the house this week. There's been a lot of mice caught this summer. In fact when we came back from Idaho two weeks ago we had a mouse in every trap and one drowned in the kids' toilet. I know, you didn't really want to read about that, but I'm nice like that and sharing it anyway. When we move I won't miss the mice. Not one bit.
5. While we caught no mice in the house, mice have entered Brad's truck. If they get in my suburban I will rue the day we moved into the country.
6. I enrolled all of my children in the Colorado Online Virtual Academy for the coming year. This is a public school, where teachers grade their work, but I am their mentor. I figure, this way I can keep them home and make them slaves to clean the house all day! (Imagine an evil, demented laugh here) No, really, I have my reasons for doing this and they're good. I know all my parent and in-law teachers are gasping at this point. All I can say is, we'll see how it goes, and if it's terrible I will (when we move...one day) take them out of the online charter school and put them back in the regular school system. I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't plan on having them do school at home (notice the order of the words there. I'm NOT homeschooling folks) forever.
7. I made hamburgers with 80%, 20% hamburger meat yesterday because Brad read somewhere that they made the best patties. They were good, but I'm not sure they were worth all the grease splattered everywhere and the tummy ache I have today. Greasy things (donuts included) always make me have tummy aches. I guess that's a good thing or I'd probably want to eat them more often. Oh, and if you want a great hamburger sauce recipe, here it is:
SUPER SECRET SAUCE
1 cup mayo
1 clove minced garlic
3 Tbsp. ketchup
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
4 dill pickles finely chopped kosher
1 t adobo sauce from canned chipotle chiles (in the Mexican store section)
It's SUPER SECRET and you should be glad I'm sharing it with you.
8. We (Brad and I) recently watched Salmon Fishing in the Yemen and all I can say after watching that is .....WHAT??!!!??? I'm not sure what message I was supposed to be taking home. It left me with little to no desire to watch any other new movies (and glad I don't pay $12/pop to go see them in the theater)...like THE VOW, or some of those others that have come out on DVD and I've put off seeing.
9. I finished Frankenstein (it was...okay) and am currently reading All Quiet on the Western Front.
10. I found and downloaded Ice, Ice, Baby by vanilla ice and I'm teaching the kids the dance moves from the video...running man and all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rog8ou-ZepEv
We're taking it on stage soon. We figure we'll try America's Got Talent first. Keep an eye out for us: ).
Ooh I will be waiting to see the dance!! You are a saint for dealing with all the mice. I think I would be a wreck if it was me, I just can't stand them!! You should see the new batman movie, it really was worth the money, even at full price!! I totally agree about the kids and movies, my younger ones have seen way more than I would have ever let my older boys see, I just got lazy, I guess!
ReplyDelete