Okay, I'll just let you know that I'm not the one who takes the pictures in the family. SOMEONE, I won't mention any names but his name rhymes with rad, has been slacking on that end.
Kenzie performed in her first musical this last week. She was a wife in Joseph and the amazing technicolor dreamcoat. She loved and hated it. Loved the music but hated the fact that the play wasn't as good as the play the highschool put on this fall...but I told her for a junior high play it was pretty high quality and it was. Way better than the HMS pinafore that we performed in eighth grade. Although, they maybe should have had more girls playing the brothers, the boys voices just don't develop as quickly. Pictures to come at the end of this week.
Kenzie and I also had to sing together in a church choir performance this last week. I thought it would be just for our sacrament but it was for both wards. I haven't sung in front of people in a LONG, LONG time. It was the very last song and I was so nervous I couldn't even breathe...a problem when you're singing. I felt like I was going to pass out but made it through in the end. Don't think I'll do that again. I like playing the piano and singing with a choir much better.
I'm trying a new workout because with the busy schedule of teenagers and working I don't have very much time some days to work out. Right now I'm working with T25. I'll let you know if I have good results. There's something about turning 40 (or maybe sitting in an office all day) that makes it difficult to keep the pounds off.
Jordan is off to a good start in wrestling. It's fun to see his improvement. In practice, he wrestles in a weight that has some of the top contenders in the state so his defense is much better than it was last year.
Harley is back to normal. I'm still totally amazed how healthy he is and how quickly he rebounded. We had to get a barking collar this week for him. Dogs learn so quickly with the shock collars and spray collars (that's what we got him for barking because we didn't want to confuse him with the electric fence). Two squirts is all it took and he hasn't barked just to hear his voice since. I'm thinking maybe I need some of those for my kids when they're sassy or refuse to work....you know, something that just sprays citronella in their nose. I don't think it would be abuse since it wouldn't harm them physically:)
And just to end on a funny note and since I dont' have any pictures of us, I found this of Jake a few weeks ago and decided to post it for you all to see. I think it is funny and maybe it will bring you a good laugh today.
No comments:
Post a Comment