Tuesday, May 26, 2015

A note I found written by Jake

So Jake recently was invited to a birthday party for one of his friends.  I had to tell him that I didn't think he'd be able to go because it was on his sister's birthday.  Later in the day as I was cleaning up I found this has written note he had intended for his friend.  I thought I'd post it here because it shows so well Jake's thoughtfulness and his outlook on life.
I just love how it ends... "But at lyst(least) I get to be at a birthday."  So positive despite his obvious disappointment that he can't go.  

Humor me while I give you another  example of this sweet trait that makes Jake so unique.  Recently he heard a talk at church where the lady that spoke said that you can't have any rainbows without any rain.  As soon as he got home he made a little sign with this quote and a picture of a rainbow and taped it to his bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment