Friday, May 27, 2016

Summer's on its way

It's been so beautiful here lately.  This time of year and this weather just gives me so much joy I can't help but want to take a picture everywhere I go.


A picture of the river trail I run/walk here in our community.


A picture at the top of my 36 mile bike ride this Wednesday.


A couple of pictures Kenzie took at the top of the hike she went on with her class last week.  I ran this loop with my friends today and while the climb is arduous and slow, the reward at the top is breathtaking.

Since summer is on it's way we've been spending days down at the river.  Brad, Jordan and Ben are putting in a lot of time practicing their kayaking.


According to Brad, who attended an expert level kayaking class full of kids ranging from 14-18 the other day, they all need quite a bit more time on the river before they start kayaking bigger waves.  Brad is struggling as Jordan is surpassing his basic skills.  Riley, when asked by Brad who was better answered, "Well Dad, you kind of paddle like an old man out there."

Riley, Jake and Kenzie will probably be on the river one day with the older boys, but for now they are on content to watch from the sidelines.





Yes, that is a sling you see on Jake.  Jake recently broke his arm on his first dirtbike ride out this season with his Dad and brothers.  He spent a little too much time like this:  
                               



and sometime during the interim, ended up with a broken arm.  The bad thing is it was at the top of the humerus and so they couldn't cast it, but lucky for us it was a very clean break and he will have only spent 4 weeks in a sling.  He does have to play soft for a while as the worst thing he can do is fall again and break it worse.

I told you earlier that Kenzie started doing Kickboxing.  I got a couple of pictures of her in action.





Unfortunately, I had to take them with my iphone and unfortunately, my phone doesn't have an athletic setting.

Anyway, we are having a great spring and are excited for summer to begin!  3 days left of school and then they're free and when the kids are free, so are Brad and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment