Views like this make me think, "If I can't live in Seattle, I can't beat the place I live." And this wasn't the prettiest view I had but this is the proof I made it there.
I just enrolled myself and my three youngest boys in guitar lessons. I'm learning to play take it easy by the Eagles. So excited to actually be taking guitar lessons. Doubly excited to have my boys learning beside me.
Kenzie came to me and wanted to be enrolled in kickboxing. All on her own...and well, since she came up with it and, let's face it, since every girl benefit from learning self-defense skills, I thought, "Why not?" Her first class she hung in there like a champ. Even worked so hard that she had to stop for a moment to um, well, um...get rid of the lunch that was in her, and then she went right back in. I was so proud she hung in there regardless of how difficult it was for her. Many times she got to the point of exhaustion where she would fall or her arms would give out and she got right back up. Pretty embarrassing to have happen to you in front of boys you don't know, regardless of several boys you do know that are also enrolled in the class. I don't think I would have done that. I would have definitely left and never gone back. And she's going back tonight. She WANTS to go back tonight. After the class she said to me, "You never know Mom, I just might be the next Ronda Rousey." Don't know that I'd pick Ronda for Kenzie's role model, but well Kenz, you never know.
I'm tutoring Jordan in math and it's amazing how fun I think it all is. A little bit of review and then it's like doing puzzles for me. I don't know that Jordan looks at it the same way, but I do know he's glad to have me as a back-up to come home to. Makes me miss teaching...just a little.
Jake lost his front left tooth and the right is loose also. Went around weeks with the front left one hanging out until I finally yanked it out real quick on Tuesday. As soon as he saw the blood (which there wasn't much of) he started crying. Don't know that Jake will make a good dentist :/
Saw this lovely video today on facebook and I thought I'd post it here. I think it expresses every mother's sentiments as they watch their children grow. I know two weekends ago my sister married off her oldest. Watching her family grow and leave home has me thinking it's not too far off for me. I don't know what we'll do without these lovely children of ours. I think Brad and I will both feel a little lost. Anyway here's the link. Y'all should watch it. (There's my southern accent for ya!)
No comments:
Post a Comment