Sunday, October 16, 2016

Final Hurrah!

Brad's leg is healing.  A bony callous was found in Brad's last xray so he is officially allowed to be weight bearing with two crutches.  This is painful and sad to watch though and as I watch him walk it emphasizes to me the long healing process of his injury.  The doctor has told us this over and over but seeing it is so much different than hearing it.  Since he is weight bearing we have bought a stationary cycle and rowing machine for him to rehab with.  Snapped a quick picture of him in his biking shorts the other day after a hard workout cycling.

Since I snapped a picture of him I figured I'd snap a picture of me too.  I had just finished 30 minutes on the rowing maching after an hour long bike ride where my derailer hanger broke.

I look old.  I don't know how to stop the aging process though so I guess I'll keep the picture regardless.

The weather has been cooling down rapidly.  We've been in the 50s and 60s almost every day.  This last weekend though we got a short reprieve from the crisp weather.  It heated to a whopping 75 degrees so we headed to the lake for one last hurrah with our boat.

When we put in the boat Brad said the Lake temperature was 66 degrees.  So Riley hopped in followed by all the boys.









Kenzie and I were smarter than that though.  At least, I thought McKenzie was.  However, soon after her refusal to hop in, she was cajoled into the water by an offer from her dad that if she jumped in she could learn to drive the boat.  So, in she went with her dad for a swim.


Not me though.  I still didn't hop in.  Then, when the kids were covered in goose pimples (literally),


this mean dad :


revealed his earlier lie of the water temperature.  It wasn't really 66 degrees.  It was 60.

So I was smart.  Although, to be fair, the water was beautiful and I too was almost coerced in by it's sparkling, smooth beauty.

All in all a good end to the boating season.  Lots of smiles were had and good family memories were made.

 
 

1 comment:

  1. Ha, i would never jump in either! I have come to love the rowing machine, I think it's such an awesome workout!

    ReplyDelete