Sunday, April 30, 2017

This week was kind of low key

Which I needed.  So...not much to post.  This is good because Jordan reminded me that I have a post to write about him since I wrote that recent post about Kenzie and to keep things even, I'm writing it today.  You all will have to wait until Wednesday of this week to read it though.   I know, the suspense is killing you!  Ba, ha, ha, ha.  (That's my evil laugh in typing).

Here are a couple of pictures I forgot to post last weekend of the adventures the boys and Brad had at the wrestling tournament together.

This first was taken before weigh-ins on Friday.   Since the boys had to leave school early that day, Brad figured he'd have them skip the whole day and they'd enjoy some time spent together on their motorcycles in the desert.  It's always quite a sight to see when we have the fleet of dirtbikes out.

 Funny thing about the dirtbiking, a lot of people laugh at Jordan when he tells them that riding his dirtbike is the most intensive workout he can get.  I remember even one friend telling him, "Ya, rolling back that throttle must be real difficult.  Well, before weigh-ins on Friday all the boys had weighed in a couple pounds over the night before and were struggling to make the weights I had signed them up for to wrestle at the tournament.  (Just FYI I didn't have them cut 10 lbs. or anything, they were only going 3-5 lbs. below their normal weights.)  After the dirt bike ride, each boy easily made their weight by 3-5 lbs.  So, I guess it is quite the workout.

While at the tournament there was a car show going on and their favorite car, a car modeled after the General Lee, was on display.

 Yes, we are big Dukes of Hazard Fans.

This week was kind of crummy weather wise and I amazed even my husband when, determined, I got on my bike this Thursday morning in the gloom and mist leftover from the rain.  I'm a weather watcher though and I got in a decent ride in the end.  I even snapped a picture at my turn-around point just to prove i saw some blue skies.  Of course, it wasn't my fastest ride ever, but in weather like this it's just good to finish.


Other than that, not much to share.  Although Kenzie sent me a funny meme on my phone the other day when she was obviously feeling a little neglected due to my phone conversation with my sister.

It just made me feel good that she likes to be around me still. 

No comments:

Post a Comment