Wednesday, May 3, 2017

A peek into a 16 (almost 17) year old boy's mind

So after I made that post about Kenzie, Jordan told me he would like one about him on here too.  So I got on his phone to see what it is that most passes through his mind.

Obviously, you all know Jordan wrestles.  So let's start with that.

On Jordan's phone I found several screen shots of food and recipes.  This came from while he was in wrestling, so I'm putting it in the wrestling category.  Most of his food fantasies had to do with bread, since this is what he had to be the most careful with in season.  His two most missed breads cinnamon rolls and pizza.


And yes, the weekend his wrestling season was over we made him both.

His wrestling emoji guide so he can talk wrestling with us on faraway trips.

How he feels about long runs during wrestling (or right before a meet to make weight).

How sometimes after you wrestle, you want to cry and everyone (coach, parents, team mates) tells you to just buck up, work harder (even though you works as hard as you can) and get back on the mat.


How, apparently, all wrestlers (and especially our boys), feel about coach when he is wrestling with you.

And, how he feels about alternative dairy options (FYI coach is anti-dairy so this is funny to all of us who definitely are not).

On his phone, his political affiliations are definitely expressed.






I think it is fair to say, he is leaning conservative...even more so than I do.

He has screen shots of some of his favorite inspirational quotes:



 Jordan is funny and sweet in small ways.  Something that I found on his phone was  a picture of our work schedule.

I know for a lot of teenagers this may mean when are mom and dad not home so I can do what I want but for Jordan it is when are they not home so I can work, take care of my brothers and sister, etc... and it also says to me, when is Dad home so I can spend time with him.  Literally, I think Brad and Jordan may be best friends.  They have a very close relationship which really helps me out.

Jordan is taking welding at the high school and he is loving it.  He has screen captured a lot of the projects he would like to attempt.  Below are two of the projects he took on this semester.

 I don't have a picture of the fire pit because it is not quite finished yet.  But, the motorcycle is complete.


Here are a few jokes which shows Jordan's sense of humor.


 Just so you know what this says:  When prom is at 8 but you gotta sign the Declaration of Independence at 7:30.


Um, yes, he did try to text the below joke to his best friend:


Yes, you should be worried if something is sent from Uncle Jordan in the future children.



Below are some meme's that he really relates to.  Some I can explain and others are pretty self explanatory, like the three below.  I'm sure we all felt like this at one time or another.

The following three are unique Mormon/Latter Day Saint experiences.
 Although, know please that Jordan doesn't truly have "early morning"seminary.  His starts at seven.  I constantly tell him he doesn't know what "early morning" is.  I had to start at 6:00.

The next two may be unique to our house.  I'm pretty sure I've said this out loud to the kids more than once.



 And I know the following conversation has been had jokingly at our house several times.  Especially with Jordan.


When he tests and doesn't know the answer I think he wishes he could come up with creative answers like these ones.



And finally, perhaps how he feels after he's done a project for Dad for the first time...like take apart, plane, sand, put back together and stain the front porch.


 Some things that he's saved that make Jordan happy.

Sunsets:




Skiing with Dad.




Wrestling well.



 And yes, of course, motorcycles make him happy.  So we'll end on a section of funny motorcycle memes.

Brad's best buddy used to ride a honda and now rides a KTM.  Our family rides Kawasakis and Yamahas, and well....one Honda.  Here's a couple of memes that they found to make fun of their buddy's bike.



Now, in our family, we also never wear matching gear.  Here's how he feels about guys who have to have their gear matching.


When we say he has to get his chores done before he goes out riding, here's how he feels.


And finally, how motorcycling in general makes him feel:





 Love this teenage boy of mine.  Hope you love him a little better now too ;)


1 comment: