Sunday, May 7, 2017

River Rats

With a river running through your town there is no way to avoid it's enticement.  And, when the sun comes out, you got new tubes for your boat


 and the river flow is perfect...the whole family heads out together.

I love the way activities draw our family together.  Sometimes we work together and sometimes we play together and yesterday, we played.


I mean what other times are you going to see your kids together fighting over what pose they should make for the pictures and practicing a few of their wrestling moves while they are at it.


 Hip out Jake.


When else do you get to play King of the Mountain while your dad tries to hold the boat steady so you can get just the perfect picture.


Or how about the opportunity to observe nature that you may encounter....


Or, really, when else do you see your kids just enjoying one another's company because it's just the two of them on the boat together




hoping that their lives will still be intact while their little brother is learning to row.

 

Yes, it's a little early to start our boating adventures, but despite the cloudy skies and the cold water, it was a perfect day.  Of course, I'm the one that sat up high and didn't get drenched with the icy water when we went through some big waves.






The kids may have been a little cold at the end, wet and with the sun hiding behind the clouds...but that's how we make them so tough;)

All in all we're ready for the good times the river and the beautiful weather will bring us.  Here's to the opening of rafting season! 


p.s.  I swear the laundry multiplies and replenishes while I'm not looking.

p.p.s.  My husband, after 19 years of marriage, still doesn't know how to pick up after himself.  Yes, we've celebrated our 19th anniversary recently.  Sorry girls to shatter your rosy-glasses view that maybe he will change.  He's does have many redeeming qualities that make it all worth it though...even though he is a slob.  I mean, to be fair, he does cook me dinner almost every night.

p.p.p.s:  I had a breakdown with McKenzie this week over technology when she wouldn't stop watching youtube videos of Lele Pons and Liza.  The conversation went like this, "Put down that stupid phone! (okay I may not have said stupid).  Lele is not your friend.  Liza is not your friend.  They don't know who McKenzie is.  They don't care about McKenzie.  Stop searching for friendship with them.  I am your friend.  I care about McKenzie.  Talk to me."  Jordan had to suffer the consequence too when I found him playing a dumb video game instead of interacting with us.  Both phones are locked in the safe and neither child has died from not having them with them yet.   I may keep them there for a while.

p,p.p.p.s:  I hate it when my children dig their chins into my shoulder....Riley!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment