Sunday, April 1, 2018

Spring Break

Last week was spring break for us.  We split up for spring break.  Brad wanted to spend the days off back country skiing and I wanted to go visit family.  So those that were able (Ben and Jordan) stayed with Brad while the rest (Riley, Jake and Kenzie) piled in our suburban and headed south.   Riley really wanted to stay and play with the older boys, but because of this
was unable to.  I really enjoyed having him join us on the trip so I was kind of glad he was broken.

We stopped and visited Anjee and her family for a few days.




And then headed further south to visit my brother's family.  I don't have any pictures of all of us together but I do have a few pictures from some adventures experienced together.  The first set of pictures comes from a six mile hike my sister-in-law Bonni and I took with some of the kids that wanted to come with us.  The hike is called seven falls because there are seven water falls when you get to the top but none of the pictures of the falls turned out so instead you get these.








 It was a beautiful hike and well worth the effort if you are ever in the Tucson area.

We also went up Mount Lemon and enjoyed some gorgeous views there too.



While we were enjoying ourselves visiting family the boys did as promised and went motorcycling and back country skiing.






 I'm glad Brad takes my children on adventures like this.  I would love to see this but um, would be a little too scared hiking on something like this:



and skiing down something like this:


 Ben only got in two days with Brad and Jordan because he had a wrestling tournament this weekend.


Every year in Colorado the middle schools have a state wrestling competition.  All the schools in Colorado participate.  There are no 1A, 2A, 3A, etc...divisions for this tournament.  Each region sends six wrestlers.  There are six regions.  Ben took second in our region last weekend.  He had a 31 man bracket that he wrestled at state and Ben placed in the top eight.  The matches Ben lost were really close (one he lost in overtime and the other he lost by decision 5-1).  The kids he lost to placed 4th and 6th. His best friend placed first in his weight bracket.  Good job Tyler!  We are proud of Ben and how hard he has been working.  He has improved a significant amount the last three years and we look forward to watching his successes in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment