The never ending story....oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh. I like that song. It's my theme song for the laundry but it doesn't go the never ending story, no, it goes (imagine the tune here), The never ending laundry...oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh. The never ending laundry.
Yep, that's what I sing in my head all the time. I try to get caught up and sometimes I think I am. Today I felt like I was. The laundry room looked pretty good.
Empty baskets, just a coat in the laundry bin...it's looking pretty good.
And then I went to Jordan and Kenzie's bedroom and saw this:
And to the boy's bedroom and saw this:
And to the kitchen and saw this:
(Which they are not supposed to do by the way because putting wet, dirty rags in a corner and letting them sit festers into a bacterial stink...we have this talk almost every day)
And when I see all that (the dirty clothes messes that they haven't brought to me) I feel a little overwhelmed and begin to sing in my head again...the Never ending laundry...it makes me feel a little better.
You would think that it just overwhelms me because it is such a big chore and that is mostly what it's all about. However, it leads to other problems in my house. Teenage problems. Like, for example, the fight that happened between Ben and Jordan this week, twice. Fighting over jeans (cause Ben is as tall as Jordan now [shhh, don't tell jordan that cause it makes him mad {BTW all these parenthesis are my math humor coming through
So, Ben can't find his jeans. What does he do? He wears Jordan's jeans. The first time it happened I was able to find Ben some jeans before the fight went too far. The second time it happened I was not quite awake though. I was lying in bed enjoying my last ten minutes of sleep and warmth when all of the sudden I heard two young angry teenage voices accompanied by thumping and bumping. Of course, my mom instincts kicked in and I went sprinting out of my room to stop whatever was happening and found my two boys in a position similar to this.
Only it was more of a stalemate. Supposedly Ben had shot on Jordan and brought him to his bad arm side so Jordan couldn't defend himself. So then Jordan wrapped his legs around Ben so Ben couldn't hurt him further.
So how did this fight start with the laundry? Well, Ben goes into the laundry room to find his clothes every morning in his clean bin rather than put them away. Unbeknownst to Ben, someone (me) got sick of his clean clothes being in the laundry room and put them away in his dresser. So Ben couldn't find clean jeans in his clean bin and just assumed he had no clean ones so took Jordan's jeans.
The never ending laundry, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
And now you are also singing Chelsey's never ending story cause this feels like it will never end. But I'm ending it now. And yes, I know I shouldn't start sentences with But or And and cause isn't a real word but I'm my only grammar police and I'm just typing and not worrying about my grammar. Apparently, I am worrying a little.
So, what else is happening? Jake had his first peewee wrestling tournament and took 1st out of 5 kids! Way to go Jake!!!!
Ben went to Rocky Mountain Nationals and wrestled in the 15 and under brackets and won one but lost two. Man, some of those kids are good!
Kenzie and I got up to six miles in our runs. Almost half of the half. Also, she built a trestle for her plants.
Riley is healing well, but still in a splint.
Jordan got clearance to start using his arm again. Now he is working on getting back mobility in the elbow joint. Brad took him out snowmobiling and dirt biking this week.
Oh, and he has been harassing me constantly about the best way to ask a cute girl to prom because I guess he's got one he wants to ask. So if you have any ideas...
As for me, I really should be getting back to the laundry so that's where I'll sign off for the day.
I watched that movie a million times too! We used to act it out. AND I definitely know that laundry song. It’s the best! This was fun to read.
ReplyDelete