Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Riley

Riley,

I've written everyone a letter at the age of 12 and I've yet to write yours.  Sorry it's late.

You were not born at an easy time.  In fact, you were my only surprise pregnancy.  I know you don't like that I say that but please always remember it was my best surprise ever, and I truly mean that.  When I found out I was pregnant with you, Ben was only nine months old, we had just moved to Las Vegas and your Dad was in his first year of Dental School.  I was trying to adjust your dad's rigorous schedule and the reality of the monetary difficulty dental school presented.  I was still fat from Ben's pregnancy and I felt overwhelmed with the responsibility of my three young children.  But when you were born, your sweetness filled our home and my heart.  With you our family felt more complete.



You were a happy baby and well cared for by your siblings as shown in this picture below.  Look how happy you are:

Ha, ha...that was a joke.  You obviously weren't happy here, but in reality, you were well taken care of and loved.



You still are loved by your siblings a lot.


 I don't remember you crying much.  In fact, you were so smiley we called you Riles full of smiles.



You are my quiet one.  I mean even now.  There are not very many times when you let me know what's in your head.  You are slow to speak but I can tell a lot is going on in there.  You are thoughtful and you are observant.  In fact, you are the one who will notice when I am sad and will do your best to comfort me.


You are smart.  You learn quickly and you apply well those things you learn. This makes you a great athlete and an excellent student.



You are very focused.  My favorite thing about you is how I can always tell when you are really focused because you stick your tongue out.


You have a special relationship with your brother Ben.  You have always been best buddies.


I know at times Ben can seem a little bossy, but he will be a great support and example to you.  He'll always be there for you.

Be there for your younger brother Jake please.  Take care of him.  Be a good example to him.  He needs you more than you know.



I want you to know Riley that I love you.  I'm glad you are part of our family.  Again, let me say...best surprise ever.








Love ya,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment