Sunday, April 14, 2019

Updating

Sorry.  There are going to be a lot of pictures here.  I haven't posted for weeks though.  Well, I posted last week for Benny's birthday, but nothing before and we've been doing lots.  So here goes the blast of pictures with short captions (Got to get this done in 15 minutes or less).

This guy came home to visit us for his spring break:



Got some snowmobiling, back country skiing and motoing done with Dad and his brothers while he was here.













They tuckered him out pretty good.


Lots of wrestling happened for the boys.  That meant a lot of road trips.




Ben wrestled at some tournaments for only Freshman and Sophomores.  He placed 5th at the freshman/sophomore classic and placed in the top eight at Freshman/sophomore state.   Riley finished out his wrestling season taking 2nd at regionals and placing in the top 10 at middle school state.  They both wrestled at a bigger national tournament too and Ben placed in the top eight.  Riley went 2 and out but it was his first experience in a while at a national tournament.  Last wrestling tournament next week and then summer camps.

Spring Break happened for us where the kids were off from school and we shut down the office for a few days.  Brad took the boys motoing one day.  The following picture in order of the riders is Ben, Riley and Jake.  Here's the video Brad insisted I link to the blog.


And then got to take Jake, with Ben, on his first big back country skiing outing.








Just to show you the lines here in our area that Brad has done, here's a map that he downloaded from his phone with all the paths skied by him.


While Brad took the boys motoing, Kenzie and I met my good friend Elizabeth and went to see Hello Dolly with Betty Buckley.  It was AMAZING!!!!



We met Riley up there after and watched him wrestle at middle school state. 


When done we left early the next morning to try to make it home in time to celebrate's Brad's birthday.  We got some fun weather to deal with on the way home.


But we did make it home in time to make Dad's birthday dinner, cake and open presents.  I did good this year with his present.



Other things that we have been doing:

I have been trying to get the kids to do dishes better.  This is what I was greeted by this afternoon when I came down to make dinner.



Needless to say, I was not happy with their lack of picking up after themselves and they heard about it for the next hour.

Oh, also the snow has melted for the most part and the weather has been good enough that I got my first bike ride in.


I hate the way I look in my bike helmet and glasses so let me post a better picture of me.


Much better.  I have lost some weight lately.  Kenzie and I have been dieting.  I was sent the following from my friend  the other day which pretty much sums up all the dieting advice I've ever been given:

"Eat five small meals per day and run.  Also, eat only breakfast and dinner, and walk.  Also, eat lots of protein and lift, and don't even do any cardio, it's bad for your joints.  Also, don't eat too much protein and make sure you're sleeping a lot.  But don't be sedentary.  But don't be too active, it's bad for your blood pressure.  Make sure you replace all your lost salt, but never eat too much sodium.  It's easy, just eat vegetables.  Don't eat potatoes though or corn. Fruit is obviously good for you, and also it's all sugar and is bad for you.  Sugar, I forgot to mention, is a vital source of quick burning carbohydrates that your brain needs to survive, and you should avoid it at all costs.  Protein is hurting your kidneys.  Make sure you eat a lot of it.  Drink water.  Never starve yourself unless you're calling it "intermittent fasting" and then it's okay to starve yourself a little bit.  Don't over hydrate.  Being vegan is obviously the healthiest lifestyle, and also no it's not.  Fish is obviously super good for you, and it's full of mercury and killing you.  Get some sun every day for Vitamin D and skin cancer."

I've been looking at a lot of kitchen remodels.  I think I want to have my kitchen look somewhat like this when we finish.


We've had breakdowns:


Competitions of who is the best (they're all real good):




Heck, we even got Kenzie and Ben to compose an original song but I didn't get to capture it.  Ben wrote the music and Kenzie provided the lyrics and melody.  It was....lovely????  Definitely creative.  It was about sitting in the desert, squishing a lizard's head, throwing a rock at a bird and feeling really bad.  "It's really about human conscience Mom."  Yep, that's what she said.

We've been welding:



 Shooting guns in the desert:



Trying new recipes (here's my new favorite pasta salad):

16 oz. tricolor rotini
1/2 green bell pepper diced
1/2 orange bell pepper diced
1/2 red bell pepper diced
1 pint grape tomatoes halved
1/2 cup sliced black olives
1 cup mozzarella cheese grated
1/3 cup red onion diced
4 oz. salami
4 oz. pepperoni
1 cup bottled Italian vinaigrette dressing
1/3 cup parmesan cheese shredded
3 TB. fresh parsley
1/2 t Italian Seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
Optional: artichoke hearts and pepperoncinis to taste

Teaching Blue about personal safety and protection devices:


Had our first bear visitor (didn't get a picture)

And spending time with friends at college:




Oh...and someone's mission papers just got turned in and someone else just got his permit.  Also one more link.


Read this quote the other day that I love and that's what I'll end with:

"Perfect happiness is a beautiful sunset, the giggle of a grandchild, the first snowfall.  It's the little things that make happy moments, not the grand events.  Joy comes in sips, not gulps." Sharon Draper





No comments:

Post a Comment