Sunday, December 29, 2019

Christmas 2019

Merry Christmas from the Belt family.


If you think Brad looks wierd in that photo, well...he probably does.  He was pretty sick Christmas Day and for a whole week prior and a couple of days after.  We think he had the flu.  The most strange thing about the sickness was that he had a joint (his shoulder joint) that wouldn't work for a few days.  We thought he had injured it somehow (we didn't know how because there was no incident that caused it he just woke up one morning sore) and that he might have to have surgery.  The Wednesday and Thursday before Christmas he couldn't even move his arm and he had to cancel patients Wednesday and Friday.  When his fever broke on Friday though his arm started to slowly recover.  Really, it was so strange.  We totally think it had to do with the sickness.

Picture of me to prove I was there since I was the one taking the picture above.


I feel like I should have makup on, but well...you've seen me without makeup before.

Here is our elf getting donned the elf by father:


Yes, the hat makes him the elf and then he hands out all the presents.

Some fun presents of the day:

Nerf guns and a yodeling pickle (After the 100th yodel of the morning I kind of regretted the yodeling pickle purchase even though it was funny.  And yes, a Christmas is not complete without nerf guns.  It's just the way it is with boys.)


An electric piano for Kenzie to take to college with her.  It is used and I got it so cheap!  


A ski jacket for Riles:



I don't have pictures of this stuff but I got a jump box that Brad made me, Ben got some skis and Jake got new ski boots.  I don't have pictures because the kids said to me, "Mom are you going to take pictures of everything?"  Well, apparently I didn't.

Some cool socks for Ben to wrestle in:


Yep, those are Balrog socks with Gandalf.  "You shall not pass!"  The Balrog from that scene.  Yes, we're that into Lord of the Rings.  

A toilet timer for Ben to help Ben with his "wonder poops" as Riley has dubbed them.


A Smaug and Lord of the Rings puzzle.  Smaug was completed yesterday.




Operation for Brad.  This gift is from one of our employees.  She got it for him because I guess while he is doing dentistry he always comments how much it is like the game operation.  It made him chuckle even when he was sick.


A Chewbaca mask for Brad.  Yes it was worth it.  Lots of laughs.  And yes, we are that big of Star Wars fans too.  And yes, we saw the Rise of the Skywalker and LOVED it.


With all these great gifts though, the gift that gave back the most, and actually made Brad guffaw out loud once was:


The Dwight Schrute pillow case.  We didn't know how many different versions of this you could make until Kenzie started working creatively with it.  From this pillow she created:

Hitler Dwight:


Surprised Dwight:


Cool Dwight:


Vampire Dwight:



The shining Dwight:


Lumberjack Dwight:


Batman Dwight:


Flavor Savor Dwight:


And, in my opinion the best one, (drumroll please)......Magneto Dwight.


Here's a cute picture of the girl just because I want it in here:


Other things we did during Christmas week.  Like I mentioned we went to see the last Star Wars movie, Rise of the Skywalker which we loved.  We finished an Ursula puzzle that Kenzie got before Christmas because she saw it early.  Don't ask me why she wouldn't open her eyes for this one.


The boys motoed.  Meet our new bike Eli.


Yes, those are plastics from Eli Tomac.  Here is Ben installing them on his yellow bike.  Yes, we are Eli fans.  


We skied


Snowmobiled



And skied some more:


On a more somber note, Jordan spent his Christmas sheltering himself from a Typhoon named Ursula.  Here are some pictures I got from a member of his ward that posted on facebook how her Christmas went.






We were unable to talk with him because the power and cell service are out where he is serving.  From his mission president and this member, we know he is safe.  He is instructed to call us as soon as power is restored to his area.

I would worry more, but I guess in the Phillipines, especially in Tacloban, typhoons are common and I have to get used to this.  

We are glad he is there to help the people in need right now.  We sure missed him this Christmas though.

No comments:

Post a Comment