The next day there were 14 teams that attended the duals and we got to wrestle 5. Of the 5 matches Ben lost 2, won 2 and won 1 by forfeit. He wrestled up 10 lbs at 170 and wrestled some beasts. The coaches were proud of him. He even got mentioned in the paper even though he didn't win every match, "We showed great leadership today," said DHS assistant coach Luke Morris. "Our sophomore Ben Belt had some tough competition and was basically fearless going in there, and we were impressed with him." I tell you, I saw his videos and even giving up 10 lbs., Ben looked tough. Here are some of my favorite shots from the videos I took.
Another match where he pins the kid in the third quarter. Look at this shot...so beautiful.
I took this next shot just to show you how big these kids were. Look at that kid! He's a giant!!!!
That didn't stop Benny though. He won by decision 6-4. Here's the take down that won the match.
You can watch this whole sequence for 30 seconds here. Good opener for the season.












No comments:
Post a Comment