Sunday, February 14, 2021

Another quick picture blast to cover January and February

 With the kids home, it is hard to find quiet moments.  Because of this, my blog is being ignored.  That being said, wrestling and in-person school just started as of February 1 so I have a few more quite moments...kind of so you will be seeing some deep stuff from me.  Maybe too deep.  For now, let's go over the easy stuff.

I had a birthday.  Yep.  No pictures from that day but my little boy Jakers was sweet and made me a German chocolate cake.  What a champ.

Jake finished his knife that he forged.  Now he wears it all around the house, because, hey knife.  And ya, I made this knife and the scabbard too.



Also, he had a birthday and is one year older.  Here are two more of pictures of him rebuilding a dirt bike part (or cleaning a carburetor or something) and waxing his skis.




These two are wrestling together.


Ben is wrestling 160s-170s but dropping to 152s this week.  He is 7-3 for the season and is ranked 5th in state.



Riley is wresting 126-132s and is 3-7 for the season (four of those losses were pretty even matches) and is not ranked in the state.  If it was a normal year I feel like he would make it, even with as miserable of a record as he has.  His record is not reflective of his skill.  A lot of those matches were close.  All that being said, being a freshman on a varsity team is tough.



I did get to go see my sister, Anjee and her family last week in support of them as my brother-in-law goes through his chemotherapy.  I don't know if I was as helpful as I should have been but I loved spending time with them and their family.  We are hopeful for Jeremy as he fights his cancer.  I feel like cancer like his is some of the hardest to know how to deal with mentally because we know it won't go away but we're not looking at immediate death either.  In fact, he most likely will have at least another 13 years and we hope many more.  How do you even begin to grapple with that?  I don't know.  What I do know is that he is sick and the family needs our support right now and I am trying to give it the best way that I can.  As I said, spending time with them and their family was wonderful.  Why did I not take any pictures except these to prove to my family that curly hair is on my side too?  Ha!  She would probably hate that I put the picture of her on here in her pajamas but I think it is cute and this is my blog, so....


We've had some excellent snow storms the last two weeks and are grateful for the moisture we have received.  Today the trees are snow covered and it is a winter wonderland outside.  So glad it happened over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment