Just some of the pictures from last week on my camera when it was MIA.
The first set is of Riley and Ben on Brad's homemade slip n' slide. Brad caught some great action shots of them in the air.
I know, the homemade slip n' slide of visqueen makes us seem like we are white trash, but trust me we are not...at least I think we're not. But then again....
Some pictures from our hike up to a lake near our home. Kenzie caught a butterfly and it stayed with her for about 30 minutes.
The potato gun launcher and our potato gun shooters:
A random picture I took of Kenzie that I like:
My little dirt bikers:
And my youngest preparing for and executing his 2nd ride on the little 50:
Jake got a soda for riding so well and Dad got a soda for having to sprint several times around our driveway behind that little monster to ensure his safety:
I know most of you have heard about the Waldo Canyon Fire here in Colorado Springs where 346 homes were lost recently. We are 10 miles north of that fire. Here are some pictures taken from our backyard this last Tuesday.
Tuesday was the day the wind fueled the fire and it jumped the ridge and began to burn up the neighborhoods. I took the kids into town that day to tour the Olympic training center and on my way home I stopped at Bath and Body works to buy some wallflower plug-ins. The store for Bath and Body works was right across the highway from the fire. When I went into the store it wasn't too bad but when I came back the sky was so heavy with smoke that it looked like it was dusk and ash was raining down from the sky. I've never seen anything like it. I barely made it home to avoid the traffic from the frenzied evacuations from the neighborhoods that were in danger and was relieved to see some blue skies when I arrived home. To kind of give you an idea of how dark it was this picutre was taken of the scene across the freeway from me.
While we have been put on a pre-evacuation notice and are extremely saddened for the others who didn't come out so well from this tragedy, we currently remain healthy and optimistic. Here's a picture of me just so you can see:
As for breaking news in our household Brad gave his six weeks notice at Powers Dental. I've told you that we are currenlty in the process of purchasing a practice and the process, while not done yet, is going well. We have been approved for financing and the contracts are drawn up and are currently being reviewed by the seller. We have chosen a lawyer and will review the contracts next. In the meantime, with all that we have gone through in the past with 1 attempt to purchase a practice and several failed associateships, we are as nervous as can be at this point that the deal won't close and we'll be back to the drawing board. We cerainly would appreciate all the prayers we could get for a timely closing of this deal. Oh, and also some prayers for rain in the great state of Colorado.
























No comments:
Post a Comment