1. Empty garbage.
We've had a nightly bear visitor lately. I haven't seem him (thank goodness!), but I've seen evidence of him. He leaves a big pile of waste (bear waste that is) to greet us every morning. He's here for the garbages and the food he can scavenge from them. I've decided that we must stop feeding him and so, emptying my outside garbages daily has become a necessary daily routine.
2. Clean cupboards in kitchen
My cupboards are greatly suffering. I've been letting them go because I keep thinking that any day I will have to pack up and move. They are so unorganized now that I have no idea what they hold. I attacked my pantry Friday and my kitchen cupboards today. I wish I had some before shots, but here are a few of my after shot. The transformation is amazing.
I feel so much better now that it is done.
3. Laundry.
No need for explanations here. I went into too much depth on that last week.
4. Take a walk.
The weather has been so nice here. The sunshine, the crisp air and the cool breeze makes me want to spend my whole day outside but, as there are chores to be done, a walk has to be scheduled. It's my favorite time of day and the only alone time Brad and I get.
5. Do my hair and makeup.
You may laugh that this has to be on my to do list, but it is something that needs to be there. Let me tell you how my day usually goes. I wake up at 7, exercise for about an hour and quickly take a shower. By the time I am out of the shower(between 8:30 and 9) my children have started their school day and I am needed at one computer or the other until about 3. By this time in the day my hair has dried from the shower without having been combed and there's no hope for it but to put it in a braid or pony tail, like this:
I'm glad that I have long hair and can at least do this quick fix me up. Makeup, at this time of day, seems useless because I'm not going out in public, Brad has been looking at me all day without it and dinner has to be made soon. So, by the time the weekend rolls around I want to spend more than five minutes combing my hair.
6. Read scriptures.
Sometimes it's just a rote read and other times I get more out of the scriptures, but my day always seems to go better when I can find a few minutes to read them and think about Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and the plan of salvation. While I can't claim that reading them has produced great miracles, I can say that when I read them I find that I yell less at my kids and I'm kinder to my husband. I am more patient with our current situation and I'm reminded of God's love for all mankind.
7. Make a cheesecake.
I'm having my roommate from college, Kirsten, and her family over for dinner today. I've lived here almost 19 months and this is the first time I've had the whole family over for dinner. It should have been done much sooner, but, for some reason, since we've moved here, I've invited very few people over for dinner. That's what the moving over the past 8 years has done to me. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm glad I get to share a cheesecake. Friendship always makes things better.
8. Change dustmop/double edge light saber back to dustmop.
See the long lightsaber? That's my dustmop turned light saber.
Nope, I couldn't do it. Could you? It's too much fun for my children. I guess I'll have to do without for...well, maybe forever. I think I'll work on getting my bedsheets back first.






I have some of those same things on my to do list! Great job on the cupboards, they look awesome.
ReplyDeleteOkay I just love a good organization project, makes everything a little happier. Wish I could look that good without doing my hair, you are rocking the braid! I love that your two oldest are the ones dressed up recreating scenes from star wars, even if they dirtied your sheets!
ReplyDeleteBravo, for the homeschool situation. I know it's not your first choice, but I admire you for being able to make the best out of a stinky situation. I hope things come together soon, really soon!!