Sunday, January 27, 2013

Calvin and Hobbes

To say that my children are big fans is the understatement of the year.  Calvin and Hobbes gets brought on business trips and quoted at the dinner table.  They are on the same level as Star Wars, the Hulk or Spiderman.  They're part of our identity as a member of this Belt clan.  Sometime this summer I wrote this post about a conversation I had with Jordan

http://www.motobees.blogspot.com/2012/08/sunday-reflections-8122012.html


And I posted this picture of the cartoon he was speaking of.

[Snowman+House+of+Horror.jpg]

Fast forward to this last Monday that my children had off.  Brad was pulling up to our driveway while a neighbor was out walking their dog.  He said as the said neighbor passed our yard they did a double take as they stared in disbelief at what was present.  Brad, without even looking to see what was causing such astonishment, knew immediately that Jordan had been working hard at creating his own "Snowman House of Horror".






I don't know what was running through our neighbor's mind, whether it was disgust or amazement, as he passed by.  I guess it all depends if he's a Calvin and Hobbes connoisseur (I had to look up how to spell that for you all) like us.  As for Brad and I, it gave us quite the laugh for the day.  Unfortunately, we've had a pretty warm week and constant rain for the past two days and the Snowman House of Horror is no longer.

3 comments:

  1. These pics are priceless! I can just imagine the neighbor's response, Brad's awareness of his son's interests and the pride Jordan took in creating his snowman horror house. Obo will laugh his head off when he sees these, especially the snowman looking at his own head! Tell Jordan he has to plan a trip to our house next January to create some of his art work in our yard. We would put them in east lawn for all of the neighborhood to see. Fantastic!!!

    Give the kids a hug. Love ABA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! What an imagination. He is definitely all boy. :)

    ReplyDelete