Brad and I should be professional movers. When we decide that we are moving we get right down to business and there is no stopping us. We don't stop for breakfast, lunch or dinner. We don't stop for rest. We just go. Of course, our children suffer a little from this.
Maybe more than a little. I guess it's good they know where to find the food but maybe not so good that they are too exhausted to actually sit at the table, pour it into a bowl and eat it.
3 days after the move Jordan had his birthday.
I was elated when he told me that he wanted the caramel turtle cake for his birthday cake. Of course, it does taste delicious but that isn't what excited me. I was so exhausted from the move I was worried that he would want me to make him an elaborate cake and this cake is the EASIEST cake to make ever. All it takes is a cake mix, caramels, sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips. I whipped it up that very day. There was no need to plan ahead.
Ever since Red ran away we've promised Jordan that when we bought our own house we would get him a new dog. Well, meet Harley.
Yes, he's the puppy. The kitty is ours too. I told Kenzie that I would get her a cat the next time I was offered a free one. The day after her birthday I went to walmart and guess what they were giving out for free? Yep, so meet Taz too. They do cuddle at times, but most of the time they play hide and seek. Taz hiding from Harley who likes to chew on her a little too much.
Kenzie's birthday was a bust. The week of the birthdays everyone ended up having some sort of stomach bug. Riley went first and on it went through the family. Funny story, Jordan had a big end of year presentation he was supposed to give to move on from 8th grade. He was to keep evidence of how he grew as he progressed through middle school. He also made a big poster presentation to go along with his evidence. The night before he was to give his presentation Jordan place his saved up work from prior years by his bed. Jake, woke up in the middle of the night and disoriented chose Jordan's pile of papers to throw up on. Yes, I had to send a note saying "My son's evidence was thrown up on by his little brother." I wasn't sure they'd believe it but he still got an A on his presentation so I guess all is well that ends well. Anyway...back to Kenzie's bday. On her big day both Brad and I came down with this bug and this isn't the kind of bug that you can suck it up and continue on. This is a lay in bed and sleep bug which is what we did during her whole day to celebrate. So we celebrated a little later than we would have liked to.
One last thing. Brad's a great teacher. He teaches our kids everything. How to dig out roads, how to chop wood
http://www.motobees.blogspot.com/2013/03/he-pulled-wrong-tooth.html
Well, Riley's had this baby tooth that he's been needing to pull for the last three months. The permanent tooth grew in behind it pushing the baby tooth straight out and making Riley look like the biggest redneck you've ever seen. I've given him 3 months to work on getting that baby tooth out and finally I laid a hard line on Saturday. Pull the tooth yourself or I'll have Dad pull it tomorrow. As Brad pulled out the pliers (he thought it would be funny, the tooth was REALLY loose) Riley was terrified.
But in the end, a smile was on his face and I think he's less terrified of Dad pulling teeth now because this last one came out so easy.
No comments:
Post a Comment