"Sincerely
giving thanks not only helps us recognize our blessings, but it also unlocks
the doors of heaven and helps us feel God's love," President Monson.
I am grateful it is not 2012,
we are not just moving here and we have yet to go through the first year of
ownership difficulties. I am grateful we have three years behind us, our
business is thriving and Brad and I have worked together to achieve the level
of success we have.
I am grateful for the beautiful area
in which we live. I am grateful for the mountains, the desert, the lakes
and the rivers.
I am grateful to have a home that we
own. I am grateful for the beautiful yard that surrounds us. I am
grateful we only have one neighbor. I am grateful that I have finally
painted the mustard yellow wall I've been wanting to paint FOREVER! Okay,
really only since the first day we moved in :) Now I only have to
decorate that wall and...maybe paint that center wall a darker yellow, just not
mustard.
I'm grateful for my kids. As
crazy as they make me with their thousand of selfies I find on my phone, I just can't help but love them to death.
I'm grateful for Kenzie's spunk and
determined mind. I'm grateful for her zest for life, her feeling things
so strongly, her black and white view of what is right and what is wrong.
I'm grateful for her friendship.
I'm grateful for her company at 5:00
am in the morning when we work out. I'm grateful that she is another girl
voice in the house and that she will watch chick flicks with me.
Although, I'm not sure I'm grateful that she states loudly to the whole theater
after watching mockingjay what a terrible job the producers of the films did in
casting Josh Hutcherson as Peeta Mellark but I'm off topic. I AM grateful
for the song she is always singing. It lifts my spirits.
I'm grateful for Ben and his integrity. I'm grateful that I can ask Ben to do something and he is always (well, almost always) willing. I'm grateful that Ben tells me the truth of what happens when I'm gone from the house. He keeps Brad and I in the know. I'm grateful for Ben's confidence in his abilities and his perseverance. I'm grateful he lived when he fell out that window. I'm grateful he is creative and imaginative.
(just in case you don't know that is an old racing jersey from Eli Tomac. Yes, we are big fans and he autographed it personally!)
I'm grateful for Riley and his
tenderness. I'm grateful that he likes to sit by me and is aware of my
feelings. I'm grateful that he learns so easily. I'm grateful for
the little emails he sends me to brighten my day. I'm grateful that he is
an anchor and best friend for his brother Ben. I'm grateful for his drive
to excel in all aspects of his life.
I'm grateful for Jake's positive,
bright outlook on life. Jake is always smiling. Jake is always
happy and if Jake sees a glass that is half empty, to him it is always half
full. I'm grateful that he sees the best in others, even when they purposely
roost him with their dirtbike (I won't mention any names here but you know who
you are). I'm grateful for how well Jake sweeps the floor and I'm
grateful for his love of the piano.
I'm grateful for his silly
nature and his ability to make us all laugh. I'm grateful that he doesn't
take himself too seriously and we can all tell him when we think he's being a
little too weird.
I'm grateful for the time he spends
with the family playing and I'm especially grateful for all the time he spends
with my boys turning them into men. I'm grateful he makes sure they don't
get left behind but also makes sure that he helps them reach their full
potential. He is a wonderful father.
I'm grateful he encourages me to do
hard things. I'm grateful he drove beside me as I finished my
marathon. I'm grateful he bought me a road bike. I'm grateful for
the many nights we both return home tired from work and he, probably more tired
than I, cooks me dinner.
There are so many other things and people I am
grateful for. I'm grateful for a piano, a computer to write with, for the writings I've recorded. I'm grateful for my grandparents, parents, siblings and
in-laws. I'm grateful for a wonderful young women's leader and her husband. I'm grateful for the college I attended and for the friends I met
there. I'm grateful for my mission, for being able to serve and be loved
by the people of Argentina. I'm grateful for having taught school and for
having been a stay-at-home mom and for having been a working mom. It has
all given me such perspective. It's true what President Monson says, as
you reflect on your blessings, you do see the love of God more clearly in your
life. I am grateful for that love.
No comments:
Post a Comment