So February marked the official "end" of high school wrestling and the beginning of middle school wrestling. This last weekend marked the end of middle school wrestling and the beginning of peewee wrestling. Now I know this is an exaggeration, but I feel many of my past Saturdays, from October to current, have been spent in a gym watching boys wrestle.
I did get a break last weekend, but instead of a gym I found myself in a music room watching McKenzie compete at her first solo ensemble. She got a 1 which is the highest award you can be given in this type of competition. Her voice is really becoming quite beautiful and she loves singing. I have also added piano lessons to her plate and she is even teaching me a few things. This last week she taught me how to play a song knowing only the chords. Pretty cool. She combines the singing and piano together and that is fun to hear.
Jake's baptism was two weekends ago. So happy he made that decision! So happy I never have to plan another baptism! So sad my children are all growing up. We had grandparents visit us and enjoyed the time they spent with our family watching wrestling :) And even though I think my parents can just barely stand being in a gym watching wrestling (they'd much rather watch them play basketball) they stayed for the whole event for their grandson. I don't have any pictures of this event so if grandparents could share that would be wonderful!
Amazingly enough with all this, Brad still found time to take the boys dirtbiking, shooting, skiing and most importantly backcountry skiing. Here's the pictures I do have of that.
Brad with both boys at Telluride, Ben gets his first real big boy trip.
Some back country ski shots. After climbing for three hours to over 12000 feet Jordan gets ready to drop into a nearly 2 mile long avalanche slide path. Fresh powder turns all the way down!
The runs are typically named after the mountain on which they reside, this is King Soloman.
They start just below the cliffs above treeline.
Somewhere above Silverton. It is steeper than it looks and there is an invisible wind slab beneath the cornice. Wind slabs can slide, and sliding 2500 feet back down to the bottom is bad.
The white peak in the background is a sub peak of Sultan, the run is pumphouse. There is supposed to be an ice bridge . . .
And some pictures of the shooting after dirtbiking.
No comments:
Post a Comment