The title intrigued me (and made me laugh a little). So of course, like every good mother would, I cracked open the first page. And I found some treasure writing inside.
"Before I start my summer off I'd like to talk about the last Day of school. I made 3 new arch enimeis" I didn't even know he knew what an arch enemy was. Apparently he does. "The names are Oren, Grant and Hayden. They've been chasing me for no reason. They're lucky to not have a boody nose or something like that." We may need to have a talk about this anger. "I bet you they'll be doing next year to. That was the beging of my day. After that we went inside to find our selfs watching the B.f.g. witch stands for the big, friendley giant. Cartoon vertion. When the movei ended it was time for lunch. I had packed gram crakers, grapes, a cliff bar and a ham and cheese sandwitch. Fast forward then a little bit. It rained furing last resses today. So resses turned into reading a book wich was unfortunitt. Long after that we watched a slide-show that was made our of picters of our class. A little after that we packed up and went home."
Pretty prolific for an eight year old. Plus, I learned some new information so I continued to read.
"Ben got susspended yesterday." Did I blog about that? I don't think I did. Long story short, some popular kids were making fun of another kid and dared Ben (who had no idea what was going on) to tease the kid some more. So Ben did. Then the kid shoved Ben. Ben who had been dealing with some bullying from the same popular kids that dared him to tease this other kid replied, "Don't shove me. If you do it again I will hit you." We've had a lot of discussions with all our kids about bullying and when you are supposed to stand up for yourself. Especially with kids that have been harassing you a lot and Ben was ready to take a stand. Unfortunately, this was not the kids he was supposed to be taking a stand with. The kid shoved him again and Ben let him have it. Both kids got suspended. Ben had a severe talking to from us where we let him know he was used as a pawn of the popular kids, now has begun a poor reputation and no longer has another opportunity to get into a fight without being labeled. And yes, he was suspended. Back to Jake's writing: "And aparently mom and dad didn't even care becase there was only one day until summer break." Another talk we need to have with Jake. We most certainly did care. "Anyway how about today. Today realy should be the last day of school for me but I have an apointmint on my broken arm so instead I get to start summer early with Ben."
Apparently that was only the intro. Now for the table of contents. Hmm...what could a 2nd grader think will happen between summer and the end of his life:
Contents:
1. A trip to calafornia
2. how many trips to go on????
3. working on a treehouse.
4. I like third grade
5. my school year
6. it's summer agin woohoo!!!!
That's how a year goes by in a 2nd graders head I guess.
Chapter 1: trip to Califonia
Now that its summer its also vacation time to. our first trip will be to california. We will drive for 4 days and 7 hours each day. Of course that's going htere and back. We did 5 things that were planed in the trip. They were going to the temple, the la zoo and the grand canyon. We also went to six flags magic mountain and the beach.
Chapter 2: how many trips to go on?
We have a ton of trips to go on after california like the green reiver, grandma and grandpas real grand.
And well folks, that's where his journaling stops. Of course, he hasn't did so I guess it will keep going. Can't wait to see what else pops in there.
No comments:
Post a Comment