Sunday, July 24, 2016

Daily conversations at the Belt house

Brad is doing better.  We had some worrisome days as the first 7-10 days after surgery are VERY, VERY, PAINFUL.  We are past that stage and just into the constant aching and steady healing stage.  Brad now has a cast on that the doctor placed on Friday.  He will have it on for a month.  It's good that he's feeling better because this last Friday Jordan needed ten stitches after cutting his finger replacing one of the planer blades (Brad has the boys restoring our porch) and we needed Brad to do them.


Things are kind of back to normal.  At least they're normal for the kids.  Conversations of romance are constantly bouncing back and forth between Kenzie and Jordan.  Questions like, "Do you think _________ likes me?"  And "Yeah, ______________ likes me.  I'm so Bae."  Whatever "bae" means. 

Singing as loud as they can at the top of their lungs also takes place daily.  Words from whatever musical will start from Kenzie's mouth and then the rest of the boys will chime in.  Inevitably it ends with Jordan saying, "I could be a really good singer if I tried Mom."  And me replying, "Then try." 

Competitions between the boys take place like who has the better six pack or guns, Jordan or Ben. Here's a verbatim conversation.

Ben:  "You know when I breathe in and out my abs flex."
Jordan:  "Well, no DUH Dr. obvious."

And you know, mouse trap wars happen at our house.  Oh, ya, we caught two mice in our house this last week.  You know how much I love mice.  So traps are everywhere until I'm sure we've caught every last one.  So some of the traps are the sticky traps and some are the snap traps.  Riley and Ben thought it would be funny to take the sticky traps and stick the on each other's faces.  Funny until someone has to get the glue off and scrubs off skin...


And then maybe it's not so funny.  Crazy boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment