Sunday, July 30, 2017

Who needs yellowstone anyway

So this last Thursday we're on the lake...

 doing our thing....


waterskiing and all....


 (Love Kenzie's face in this picture...because she just recently learned to slalom ski she always looks so surprised when she gets up)


torturing Jordan and Ben as much as we can....Ben drowning....


Jordan drowning....

And Jordan looking like he's smiling but he's really...drowning...


When Jordan says, pointing in the distance to me, "What's that over there?  Do you think it's an otter mom?" 

I answered quickly without really looking, "No...it's probably a duck."

Jordan responded, "It's a pretty big duck Mom."

Kenzie added, "Maybe it's a dog."

Brad wasn't paying attention either because he was searching for a hidden island in the lake that lurks beneath the water this year due to the high water flows.  Eventually though, Jordan gets Brad's attention.  "Dad, do you think that is a beaver over there?"

Brad's interest piqued, and his island found, he drove the boat over and what did we see?



Uh, ya, that's a bear.  That's a baby bear.  That's a baby bear swimming right in front of our boat.  Brad tried to block it's path to the shore but it swam right beneath the bow of the boat.  Brad thought it would be fun to jump in and swim with the baby bear.  Me, having recently watched the scene in the revenant when the mamma bear attacks Hugh Glass, frantically pleaded with Brad to leave the baby bear alone.  Brad and Jordan thought it would be fun to pick up the bear and put it in the boat.  While they were discussing the reality of putting the bear in the boat and coming to the decision that it would be impossible to get a baby bear past the ranger station at the take out without some suspicion and possibly illegal activity, I began searching the shoreline for the mama bear.  I never found her.  I was so relieved when the baby bear sauntered up the shore away from our boat.


So, now after I've told this incredible story...that is TRUE, you are wondering why I have some good focused pictures and some photos that look fake.  Well, initially we took pictures with the phone Brad's mom lent us for the middle fork of the Salmon when Riley ruined our nice camera right before the trip.  Somehow, we got the pictures of the middle fork of the Salmon off the camera but today I couldn't get the pictures off with all the cords I had before.  So, me being the brilliant person I am thought...I Know! I will take a picture of the pictures with my iphone.  That is how bad I wanted the pictures I took...so sorry the pictures look terrible...but the story it true!  True I tell you.  Like I've said in past posts, who needs Yellowstone, right?

We had a good week with our cousins from Texas that came to visit us last week.  I don't know how I didn't get any pictures of the fun...but, well, again camera problems. 

We had so much fun one day that this is how I found my children after the fun at the lake.

 
I just love the way Kenzie has her head on Jordan's shoulder.  It's not very often that I get pictures of moments like this.  So sweet and tender.  Speaking of sweet and tender...look how much Jordan looks out for his sister:
 
 
This is a text I found on her phone that he sent her when he dropped her off for voice and saw a creepy looking van in the parking lot that he thought might be dangerous.  He's always looking out for his younger siblings.
 
We've been having a ton of rain storms lately.  So many that I've caught some beautiful pictures on my iphone of rainbows.  This one was taken during one of my local bike rides. 
 
 
 
And this one was taken yesterday on my way home from the grocery store.
 
 
I have a confession to make today also.  I caved.  I caved to my children.  I've been saying no, no, no, no and then they found this...
 


 
His name is Blue. 



No comments:

Post a Comment