Saturday, August 5, 2017

8-5-2017

We had a rough week at work.  I mean, I think both Brad and I had one of those days (or a few of those days) when we don't want to go back to work.  For me, I feel overwhelmed by the responsibility Brad and I have to our business.  I feel overwhelmed by the people that maybe didn't like the service we offered, even though we always give our best...sometimes your best isn't good enough.  I feel overwhelmed by having to hire, fire and second guess people.  This feeling of being overwhelmed leads to a feeling of fear, like maybe we're going to sink, like we're not going to make it.  The fear immobilizes me.

I used to have this reoccurring nightmare at my Grandma's house where I would be sleeping in her downstairs bedroom (where we always slept) and someone would sneak through the window and kidnap me.  I would try to run or scream but I would be unable to because I was so afraid.  The fear left me unable to act.

Anyhow, like I said, it was a difficult week and I have felt fearful and doubtful.  I was feeling especially down Wednesday night when I came upon this video on facebook.  I love what it teaches, "We can replace darkness with light, hate with love, fear with faith...if we trust in Him (Jesus Christ), stand by Him each and every day it will all work out."  When I hear this, my faith is strengthened and my fear goes away.  When the fear dispels, I am able to move again...take action and face the future one step at a time.  While fear binds me, my faith liberates.  My faith empowers me.


The funniest thing said in the house this week was said, again, by Ben.  I hate to seem like I'm picking on him, but it was so funny I have to share.  He comes to me this morning and says, "Mom, I need you to feel this on the side of my head.  It is a funny bump and it doesn't feel right."  I motion him forward, a little worried because Ben did have some extreme head issues last year with ringworm, and lifted his hair to look.  Before I go on, you should know Ben is 13.  So I lift his hair to look and what do I see?  Ben's first pimple.

The most fun had this week was probably by McKenzie when she and her best friend jumped off the cliff into the river below during a bike ride we did together with some wonderful ladies.



I guess the water was pretty cold, but Kenzie was more scared of the height.

The most surprising thing that happened this week happened when we found our car and truck doors (all of them on each vehicle) open one morning when we came out.  It was a bear.  He slimed all over the cars and got mud everywhere.  I didn't know bears could open car doors...but there's a first for everything and it could have been much worse.  So now, the vehicle doors get locked every night.  Don't want no bear driving our cars.


The cutest things I saw this week were from Kenzie...her holding her favorite baby, Benji and Blue following her on the river trail.


My favorite pictures that I found/took this week.

This is one of my favorites because it shows just how happy my Jake is...really, he is almost always this happy.  His positive attitude makes him so easy to raise.


This one is one of my favorites because it just shows Kenzie and I having fun together...and yes, I am about to fall off and am hanging on for dear life and my sweet daughter isn't helping me at all.


The most marshmallows and cake mix ever bought in the same trip were bought this week by Brad (got to love it when husband's go shopping).  He was just so excited by the different varieties of marshmallows for smores he couldn't help himself.  He couldn't believe that in addition to regular, there were strawberry and coconut and chocolate.


As for the cake mix, well, one never wants to be without one for a camping trip again (Ben).


Finally, for the most organization it took to complete a job for the week...the award goes to me.  I cleaned and organized the garage fridge, the garage freezer, the inside fridge and three cupboards today to make room for the food we bought from Sam's.  It took me four hours total time.  I was so proud of the way the outdoor fridge and freezer looked, I took  pictures so I could remember that once...they were clean.



No comments:

Post a Comment