Sunday, November 12, 2017

Halloween

Before I start my post, here is my favorite quote of the week.  It comes from Ben after we just finished watching the movie, The Black Tower.  "Mom, if someone burnt you into a pile of ashes, I would kill them for you."

Thanks Ben.  I feel the love.

So, as  you know, I don't make Halloween costumes and I don't buy Halloween costumes.  I used to, until I decided I hated it and then I stopped.  So now, all my kids have to come up with their own Halloween costumes.  Even though we are down to only two trick-or-treaters, four of my five dressed up.  My fifth, Kenzie, probably would have, but she was in tech week for Grease...so, she had no time.  She did leave me a nice selfie though about how she felt being left out of the Halloween festivities. 
Yes, those are her Jan pigtails.  She has to wear those for her character in the play.

So of the four that dressed up, three decided to be the headless horseman.


Jordan bought a funky pumpkin though and ended up looking like a cool headless horseman instead of a scary headless horseman.  Sorry Jord, you just don't look scary...it may be the too cool for school pose too.


Ben and Riley rocked the look though!


I'm still going to attribute the scariness to the shape of the pumpkins.


They got a lot of compliments on their costumes, but I guess the pumpkin heads were pretty heavy and Riley barely made it for the round of trick or treating.  He also tripped a lot because he wore a protective covering over his head that covered his face and head and in the dark couldn't see much of anything.

Jake made his own pirate costume...hook and all.


Next to the boys though, his costume wasn't near as scary.



And, of course, no one knew that he made his own hook, eye patch and sword and thought up a bandana and the remaining pirate paraphernalia.  If they had known, he would have raked in the compliments too.

The headless horsemen loved their outfit so much that when dad went shopping that night...they wanted to tag along in costume to see the reactions they got.


I bet those were the first headless horsemen customers in this store had ever seen.

So, even without my help, Halloween was a success.  And, even with just two real trick-or-treaters, the kids brought home quite the haul of candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment