What does one do to get the perfect family photo and how many hours are spent to capture that moment? Well for us recently, about 4. We started off early that afternoon just practicing poses. Nice Kenzie.
Dad got anyone in the pictures who would pose for two seconds and well, Blue was one of those who would pose for a short second if you held him like a baby. He LOVES being held like a baby.
Jake posing naturally as nine year olds do.
Hair unkempt, shirt buttoned up to the top button, tucked in with belly hanging out. This is going to be the picture we keep of Jake always and say...remember when? And then laugh together. Lest you think I'm a mean mom, I think even Jake will laugh. I have some pictures of me that I laugh at now, taken right about at Jake's age actually. 9 is a rough age.
As the lighting gets better everyone puts on the right clothes. No perfect colors? Have everyone wear a different color. It's easier and actually my favorite pictures are where we don't have matching clothes. This year we went for plaids. Jake looking much cooler with his older brother and hair combed this time.
While waiting for McKenzie and I, Brad practices running in to see how much time he has to get in the picture after he hits the button.
He practices his favorite pose...now I know who Kenzie learned her poses from.
A practice shot in a different place to see if the sun is just right...but no, not quite. Jordan and Ben look like they are about to die from sun exposure while Kenzie flashes her peace sign.
A shot from our front porch of Jord, light is good. This kid is so handsome!
And of course, as with every good family picture someone is always pulling that crazy face, this time it's Brad.
Between shots Kenzie is able to express her frustration with Ben.
And at the end of the session, trying to get a shot of the kids all together is not the best idea.
While we're waiting for Brad to get set up, the kids grab my phone to take some nice selfies for me.
And finally after waiting so long for Brad while he's doing this....
Even I join in with the silly selfies.
After all is said and done, I'm always glad when we take family pictures. Now we only have to learn how to photoshop the photos we took.
No comments:
Post a Comment