The last three weeks have been a whirlwind of Grease for our family.
Along with tech week, 2 practices and 9 shows for McKenzie (All within a period of three weeks), I volunteered three nights in the box office, attended four different performances and had visits from both sets of grandparents. The show was excellent.
The boys, Grandma and Grandpa Belt and I all attended opening night.
While I was familiar with the music (because Kenzie has been singing it around the house for the past three months) I was not prepared for the quality production I saw. The colors, the dancing, the energy had me engaged the whole show. And Kenzie, well, let me just quote the newspaper, "in “Grease,” the “Mooning” duet by McKenzie as Jan and Athan as Rodger all but brought down the house last Saturday night."
I uploaded the duet from a practice performance here. The first time I saw it she had me laughing so hard I was almost crying. Also, so credible was their acting that even I found myself believing the romance between her and Roger even though I knew there is no romance between Athan and McKenzie at all. Both she and Athan did a great job as Jan and Roger. It was so good, even the boys and Brad didn't mind seeing the show a second time.
My final viewing of the show was closing night where I attended with my parents.
Of the four shows I saw, I felt like closing night was their best. It was a good way to say goodbye to the show for all the kids.












No comments:
Post a Comment