Sunday, December 17, 2017

The last month in pics

Cause that's how long it's been since I last posted.  Sorry!  I know I've said it before this time of year but I'm going to say it again this time of year...Christmas season gets so busy.  Lucky for me, things are winding down as we approach Christmas eve

Let's dive into the pics....here's a favorite of mine from the past month.  Jake and my Dad went on an 8+ mile hike while my parents visited.  Jake led the whole way.  I was pretty impressed they hiked so far, especially since the weather was rainy/sleety that day.  Love this sweet picture of the two of them at the top.


On Thanksgiving day, while the boys were on a dirtbike ride together,  Kenzie, Blue and I did the same hike.  Well, it was almost the same hike but we only got in a total of 5 miles (we started at the trail head instead of our house).



I hate this picture of me....but it captures the moment and tells you we were there together.


Since I hate that picture of me, let me post a few of me I do like.

This one, I believe, was taken later that same day.


Riley snapped this one of he and I after a long day at work...or maybe it was a long day at church.  My hair is down so that latter is probably correct.


And finally a silly picture of me and Kenzie after a workout we did together.


I'm so proud of that girl!  She has really worked hard to get fit.  She eats healthy and works out 3-5 times a week.  Just so you can see how far she's come, here's a picture of her and her best friend in 6th grade


And here's a picture of her and the same best friend (with a couple of best friends added) taken this last weekened at her best friends bday party.  

Don't ask me what they are doing...I think showing how good girls party, with juice and milk and fancy dresses.  And don't ask me about what she is wearing...it's a pantsuit.  I told her this is going to be one of those pictures that she's see one day and shakes her head.  I wore a flower and peach jumpsuit at about the same age and I see pictures now of myself and shake my head.  Yes, family, you all know the family picture of me taken in the peach jumpsuit.  I know you remember.  Mom, you'll have to send me a copy of the picture.  I don't have one.  She loves the outfit and can't believe I don't find it as adorable.  I guess she got it for $5.

My christmas decorations were put up early this month.



Funny story with the lights and the tree for y'all(of course, it wasn't funny at the time, but I kept my cool).  I had just finished putting the lights on the tree and it was late.  I believe it was 11 pm.  Ben was helping me by trimming off stray branches from the tree.  Yes, my husband insists on a real tree (although I think I almost have him convinced to buy a fake one next year!)  While he was trimming I hear a loud POP! and suddenly all the lights on the tree went out.  Yes, Ben had cut one of the light chords.  Not only that, but he had cut the light chord of the innermost light so I had to unstring all the lights and restring them with one less set.  Needless to say it was very late when I finished the decorating.  

Speaking of Ben let me just add in here that he got Demon of the Day.  What is Demon of the Day you ask?  I guess at the high school, the teachers nominate kids that are doing very well academically and behave well in class.  But Ben is an eighth grader you say.  Why yes, he is.  He's in double advanced math and attends the high school for two classes every day.  He said he was SUPER embarrassed to receive Demon of the Day because the high schoolers already hate him enough for being in their class and being so smart and he just wanted to shrink.  I thought it was great!  Such an improvement over all the calls I got in junior high and elementary for him climbing bathroom stalls, breaking rulers, breaking whiteboards, breaking hula hoops or building towers of markers.  And I'm sure the high schoolers hating him may be a bit of an exaggeration on his part.  After all, he was the wrestling team (Of course, they do already have the 4.0 IQ thing to tease him about).

Ok, next picture.

What's this you ask?  It's a pinterest recipe picture that I screen captured so I wouldn't forget the recipe and so I wouldn't forget what ingredients I needed to buy at the store for it.  I capture recipes like this all the time.  This one was particularly delicious and easy to make so if you want the recipe you can find it here.

Final picture from my phone which will lead into the final pictures of this particular blog.


This is a picture of brad having a study session with my boys on knots, rescue techniques and rock climbing techniques.  Let me tell you that the lesson continued and Brad had the boys belay (I had to look up how to spell that) themselves down my staircase ballister (I had to look that up too).  FOR REAL!  I thought they were going to break it.  They didn't.

This study session led to some cook rock climbing sessions for the whole family.


Really, for now, it's mostly the boys that climb.



Kenzie did try, but her fear of heights right now paralyzes her.  Something to overcome.


I'm not one to talk though.  I don't even try anymore.  Brad wanted me to belay myself down the rock and I was terrified!  I didn't do it.

All my boys though are becoming rock climbing champions.







Since this week will be a little hectic (work four days, office party, two wrestling matches, etc...)  let me just say now


From all of us, to all of you.  Enjoy this time of year!


No comments:

Post a Comment