Let's start with Christmas Eve. Kenzie and I had a musical number we performed with a couple of other VERY TALENTED musicians in our ward. Here's a picture of us that Riley caught right before we went up.
We did a Medley of I wonder as I wander and What child is this. I got the idea for it when I heard this on youtube. I contacted my friend, Missy, and said, "Hey, could you help us with this?" The very next day she brought me this:
From which we each improvised our own part. It was SUPER COOL. I was definitely the weak musician of the group but I was proud of what we put together.
Christmas Eve dinner was a hit and Kenzie helped me a ton. She put together all the lovely plates here. Lovely picture of her here...(I'm shaking my head because this is the first I noticed her sticking out her tongue).
Christmas was great as always. Lots of good family time spent together.
A lot of rock climbing gear was given for Christmas and since there is no snow on the ground, that is what we spent Christmas and the days following doing. This was the rock we climbed the day after Christmas.
The above picture doesn't really do it justice, so look at the inverted rock below. That is what Jordan was climbing above.
Jordan and Ben both had an opportunity to lead the climb....
He broke his foot. The break is minor though and we think he will be back wrestling within the week. Or at least we hope...
If not, here are a couple of cool picture from the last match he had before break.
He teched the guy 16-1 in the third period. The one point was actually a penalty point against Jordan so the guy didn't even score against him. We're hoping that Jordan will still be able to wrestle. He has put a lot of time into this sport.
In preparation for his own wrestling season coming up next month, Ben got his annual hair cut.
And finally, yes, we did go see Star Wars. Did we like it...well, I thought it was a little slow and repetitive but the kids liked it well enough (some liked it better than others). However, when they got a 1000 piece puzzle as a Christmas gift, they spent several hours putting it together.
We hope you all enjoyed the time spent with family during this wonderful Christmas time. We testify of our Savior Jesus Christ and of his miraculous birth. We hope you can all feel of his wonderful spirit this time of year. Merry Christmas and here's to our new year, 2018!
No comments:
Post a Comment