Fall colors are beautiful so we've taken a few hikes:
Brad and the boys did their annual excursion to Snowdown. Okay, maybe it's not an annual thing yet but they did it last year too.
Kenzie and I discovered a new hike up Castle Rock.
And finally Brad and the boys brought me on a hike tailored just for me by Brad. Brad worked really hard to take me to where some of the beautiful and difficult to reach spots are that he and the boys ski. Funny thing, when I found out he was combining two trails and making up the middle part I was quite worried and we fought the night before about how he always gets me into places I'm scared to be. This time he did pretty good even though he made me cross a scree field (that's a field with lots of loose big boulders that you have to skip lithely across and I in no ways have any movement that is lithe) and we did get lost a little. It was a beautiful 12 mile hike though and a great way to spend the day with the family. I'm so glad they included me.
I went biking up to Lemon and saw some beautiful fall colors.
Jake is learning to forge knives . Yes, he also almost stasrted a fire in our front yard. Good thing we have Ben around. It was him that asked at dinner time, "What is that glowing red outside?" It was the wood table that the forge sits on and it really was red. Eek!
Riles turned 14. He's so cool right now. REALLY.
Open mat started this last week for these two. They can't wait to start wrestling.
Brad and Riles ran into a rattler mountain biking the other day. Got to be careful here. It was lying right in the middle of the trail and was poised to strike but Brad saw it first and moved it off the trail with a stick.
Kenzie is in the last month of rehearsal for her play The Little Mermaid and she and I took a little road trip to go see it professionally done by the Tuacahn Theater. It was a beautiful venue and very well done.
Our remodel is almost finished. It went from this...
to this this week.
It's nice to be able to cook inside again. However, we are currently without heat and just went through a short cold spell here...BRRRR! Hopefully we'll have heat before November!
Oh, and with all of this space we've created, Brad and the children decided it's time for a pool table in the house. So we're looking.

























No comments:
Post a Comment